Our client in the retail industry is looking to employ a National Buyer, located in Ormonde.
- 3-5 years’ experience within a similar or same role/specialist role.
- 3-5 years’ experience within a similar environment with a National Negotiating base.
- 2-4 experience in retail business and understanding of the sectoral determination act 9, applicable to the Wholesale and Retail sector.
- Have a strong employee relations focus, and proven knowledge of South African labor legislation.
- A degree in HR/ Labour Law or equivalent (NQF 8) will be advantageous.
- Have their own car that is reliable as well as possess a driver’s license.
- Willing to work retail trade hours aligned to the business needs, which includes Saturday work and some public holidays.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Negotiating better prices and terms with current suppliers, key focus on increasing rebates and range.
- Forecasting of stock.
- Reducing levels of aged stock.
- Increasing the supplier base pool.
- Negotiating better prices and terms with current suppliers.
- Handling new product development and trials.
- MS Office literate (including knowledge of an ERP system).
Desired Behavioural Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability in working in a fast-paced environment and achieve above-average results.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to negotiate, persuade, sell, and resolve conflicts.
- Proven leadership abilities to support the operational team.
- Able to communicate with, engage and influence senior stakeholders – Regional Management team.
- Be attentive to the Environment, and industry trends and have high levels of attention to detail.
- Experience in our Industry (Wholesale and Retail) in a client-centric approach and skills with a sense of urgency.
- Planning and Organising skills.
- Coping with pressure and setback.
- Strong attention to detail especially in reports.
- Presenting and Communicating Information.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
Please note should you not receive a response within two weeks of applying please consider your application unsuccessful.