Our client in the retail industry has an opportunity for a Telesales consultant .
- Matric or relevant clerk order experience.
- Stationery experience / Optiplan knowledge.
- Order taking and ordering process.
- Good negotiation, communication and intrapersonal skills.
- Clear phone talking experience.
- Prepared to work flexible hours.
- Be able to work in a team.
- Have excellent knowledge and understanding of the company’s’ catalogue.
- Have excellent knowledge of the products and stock codes.
- Have excellent knowledge of product packaging and suppliers.
- Understand AXAPTA and all functionalities.
- Understand cost prices, selling prices, gross profits and mark-up calculations.
- Understand the contract pricing, buyout costing and book prices
- Have sales skills and the ability to close deals with customers.
- Be able to deal with customer complaints and follow through.
- Call potential customers and inform them of products, services and offers to generate sales
- Responsible for territory management by ensuring customer details are correct.
- Complete daily calls and meeting targets on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Call current customers in the portfolio to promote sales and achieve targets.
- Offer excellent customer service by informing a customer of prices, delivery dates, -delays and by handling complaints.
- Process all orders on receipts by following the order validation process to ensure accuracy and advise if anything is out of stock.
- Follow call-cycles to liaise with customers daily.
- Ensure that the order validation process is followed to ensure accuracy.
- Perform administrative tasks related to customer information and orders.
- Drive sales to sell products, services and, for existing customers, to use our business more often.
- Update customers on all promotions.
- Follow up on sales quotes and negotiate prices.
This is a 6 month contract and dependent on your performance you could land a permanent position.