Purpose of the Job:
- Define, measure and enforce quality through efficient test coverage and a traceability matrix.
- Ensure pre-agreed test schedule with delivery managers are being met.
- Ensure a suitable and stable test environment/lab.
- Report and manage progress, issues, constraints, dependencies and resources.
- Define and ensure continuous improvement.
- Define, measure and manage each team member’s output aligned with the above.
To manage test planning and analysis:
- Co-operate with clients/user/senior staff as required to agree the testing strategy to be employed for development projects
- Co-ordinate all activity and all testers during each testing phase of a project/programme
- Determine which tools and utilities work best for given situation/project
- Develop, modify, and ensure that software testing plans are executed
- Provide accurate and precise estimates for assigned task duration
- Initiate test planning activities
- Represent the customer in understanding how they use the system and including the most relevant end to end user scenarios in test plans and automation.
- Defining test strategy and test plans and reviewing them with stakeholders.
- Identify the testing scope required for each release based on the requirements of the document.
- Ensure optimal and improvement of test coverage
- Identify the testing effort required by calculating the sizing needed for the given release and plan the required effort for the same.
- Identify the tools to be used for test reporting, test management, test automation, etc. and identify when test automation is appropriate and, if it is, plan the effort.
- Estimate the testing resources and time required and negotiate with management to acquire the necessary resources.
- Publish the test plan after discussions with the test team and have it reviewed and approved by the management/ development team.
To manage test design and execution:
- Analyse test results to ensure existing functionality; recommend corrective action
- Integrate test suites into the test management system and custom test harnesses.
- Propose required functions, tools or scripts to management for approval based on complexity and coverage of solution
- Select and develop appropriate test automation tools, applying the latest techniques in test automation
- Update test execution status
- Use risk-driven techniques to develop, maintain, and execute automated test suites for various software applications, i.e., perform automated dynamic testing.
- Lead and monitor the analysis, design, implementation and execution of the test cases and test procedures.
- Ensure proper configuration management of the test ware produced and traceability of the tests to the test basis.
- Manage the building of required test environments and ensure that the test environments are in place before test execution and managed during test execution.
- Manage test environments, test devices and technology versions
To manage test monitoring and evaluation:
- Assist in the creation of test project status reports and metrics
- Consult with developers to resolve issues and provide feedback for the technical appraisal of the tested software program(s) and monitor its deployment across the appropriate system(s)
- Ensure that quality standards are maintained in the team
To manage test completion:
- Review software design and change specifications to ensure software testing measures meet acceptable reliability standards and project and program objectives
- Trace test cases and results back to specific quality risks
- Schedule the tests for execution and monitor, measure, control and report on the test progress, the s/w product quality status and the test results, adapting the test plan and compensating as needed to adjust to evolving conditions.
- Review new/modified tests and introduce improved testing techniques
- Write and present summary reports on test status for each test execution cycles to the stakeholders and management.
- Allocate work to test team members based on the skills and abilities
- Co-ordinate and interface with multiple functional groups and teams
- Coach test team members to ensure that appropriate skills and behaviours are developed
- Lead a team of quality analysts and testers including task identification, monitoring progress and issue resolution
Technical Test Process Management:
- Work closely with development and test to review use cases, requirements, workflows and technical specs needed to create automated scripts and tools
- Work with the development team to capture and reuse automated Unit Test Cases, Test Stubs and Drivers, and other Development test objects.
- Work with the Release Management team to create and maintain an automated nightly build verification ("smoke") test.
Test Lab Management:
- Update the weekly Test Store utilization sheet to ensure optimum lab asset utilisation
- Create and maintain the lab asset planning schedule to ensure assets is available and in a working state
- Use Network Monitoring Tools to ensure an always-on Test Environment/Lab Conduct quarterly lab asset stocktaking
- Grade 12 Diploma or Degree qualified (IT or related technical)
- Formal software testing training and registration (e.g., ISTQB, ISEB)
- 3-5 Years’ experience in a Test Lead/Management position
- 3-5 Years’ experience in Test Environment Management
- 3-5 years HP QC or HP ALM experience
- 3-5 years Selenium/Test Complete/UFT/QTP/SOAPUI exposure
- 3-5 years Cloud Testing (Azure/AWS) and Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery experience
- 3- 5 years’ experience in Testing in a retail / financial sector
Knowledge and Skills:
- 3-5 years expertise in systems testing, systems integration testing,
- 3-5 years expertise in automation testing, user acceptance testing
- 3-5 years Google Suite/MS Office expertise
- 3-5 years expertise in both Manual and Automated Testing.
- 3-5 years Expertise in structured test methods and processes
- 3-5 years Proven experience of testing complex user interfaces
- 3-5 years Commitment to quality and a thorough approach to work
Kindly regard your application as unsuccessful if you have not heard from the agency within 2 weeks.