Technical Specialist: Retail: Permanent Position: Cape Town: Deep MS SQL Knowledge and experience
To ensure the enablement and delivery of innovative technology based digital solutions to satisfy business and IT requirements. Operationalize world class services to ensure Client business systems are operating cost effectively and efficiently. This is a permanent position based at the Head Office in Cape Town.
Ensure effective Stakeholder Management to reduce risk
- Communicate progress, status, events, planned activities and issues to all relevant parties.
- Communicate technical decisions, discoveries, practices, processes, knowledge, and information.
Deliver New Technologies in support of business strategic objectives
- Conduct the necessary research and development to deliver innovative solutions in line with both IT and Business strategies
- Test new technologies derived from approved business cases and manage implementation where appropriate, i.e., Software.
- Keep abreast of non-technical factors that have a direct bearing on technological decisions such as budget constraints and business objectives by establishing business contacts and doing appropriate fact finding to ensure delivery within Time, Scope, and Budget.
- Understand and keep abreast of the Client IT technical infrastructure by using the appropriate internal sources of information
Maintain Technologies to enable to operational stability
- Perform the administration of technical solutions according to the agreed plans and processes and propose continuous enhancements to these processes where applicable.
- Ensure set standards implemented and adhered in support of a healthy and stable environment
- Maintain and analyze internal records of problem causes and resolutions, identify recurring problems and modify the resolution actions to prevent recurrence.
Provide thought leadership to ensure best delivery of industry practice
- Ensure that team members, management and other staff members working in related areas of technical concern are informed on all relevant technical decisions, discoveries, practices, processes, knowledge, and information for effective delivery.
- Ensure that sustainability and impact of the administration of technical solutions are understood and considered when technical solutions are proposed.
Deliver Solutions and Support Complex and Diverse technologies and Platforms
- Be a subject matter expert of multiple technologies and platforms
- Investigate and remediate complex problems directly and indirectly linked to your area of responsibility
Manage tasks within a team to ensure effective and quality delivery
- Keep Track of tasks and identify risks and challenges that could compromise delivery.
- Be an ambassador of the team and be capable of playing the role of liaison between Customer, (ROG Online OPS) and ROG IT Online Fulfilment.
- Grade 12 and relevant degree/diploma (3 years)
- 3 years relevant experience (preferable experienced broadly across multiple areas of IT)
- Extensive knowledge of Client business systems
- Extensive knowledge of all mainstream IT technologies
- Ability to apply emerging technologies to business solutions
- Thorough working knowledge of technologies used at Client
- Knowledge of Apache Tomcat Software and Geographic Information Systems (GIS) would be an advantage
- Ability to research technology-related concepts, trends, and best practices, and apply findings
- Looks beyond symptoms to uncover root causes of problems to be solved
- Presents problem analysis and a recommended solution rather than just identifying and describing the problem itself
- Demonstrates a results-oriented mindset in planning and implementing activities/projects
- Listens attentively and checks understanding of the message being received.
- Prepares written reports and briefs and communicates ideas clearly.
- Discusses issues and exchanges information with partners to identify areas of mutual interest and benefit.
- Adjusts to work effectively within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures
- Demonstrates resourcefulness in acquiring necessary knowledge, skills, and competencies to adapt to change
Communication will only be with shortlisted candidates email@example.com
By submitting your cv for a position advertised by Isilumko you confirm you have visited our website at www.isilumko.co.za and have viewed our compliance with the POPIA Act