Purpose of the Job:
- Identify opportunities for automation within software processes.
- Design and execute QA tests using scripts that automatically test functionality.
- Run tests for databases, systems, networks, applications, hardware and software.
- Identify bugs and quality issues in development, service or business processes.
- Install applications and databases relevant to automation.
- Collaborate with other business units to understand how automation can improve workflow.
- Gather requirements from clients, customers or end-users to develop the best automation solutions
KPA 1: Test case generation and review
- Identify what to test by translating functional and business requirement specifications into testable test plans and test cases.
- Identify and document key test scenarios.
- Document or automate the test cases.
- Determine the prerequisites.
- Determine the test criteria.
- Record the expected results.
- Review final test cases with test lead.
- Obtain sign-off
KPA 2: Test prerequisites compilation
- Identify required test materials.
- Obtain test material, e.g. test data.
- Identify the required test environment.
- Ensure test environment setup, e.g. test server access and test logins.
- Prepare test results pack for results recording and sign-off.
KPA 3: Test execution and recording
- Follow the written test case/ specification or execute the automated scripts / test suites
- Record test results.
- Compare actual results against expected results or review automation run results and debug any script failures
- Record pass/fail status of each test case.
- Report, record and assign defects identified.
- Retest / rerun and update on fixed defects.
- Execute / run regression tests.
- Maintain the test environments.
KPA 4: High quality and accurate maintenance of the test packs
- Understand the application under test and ensure that it meets the necessary expectations as defined by business.
- Ensure Quality Assurance of all testing activities.
- Maintain test documentation to reflect current system operations. Identify opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Support improvement of testing process and initiatives.
- Continued maintenance and upkeep of the automated scripts
KPA 5: Test status updates
- Provide feedback to the development team and ensure the work is carried out in accordance with the schedule and the quality requirements.
- Inform management of any negative trends in the quality of software in pre- and post-production.
- Provide estimates and feedback to the Team Lead for project scheduling purposes.
- Ensure effective communication with key stakeholders.
- Prepare and maintain test tracking report.
KPA 6: Test closure activities
- Ensure test completion - no outstanding high-risk issues, defects have been fixed and retested or deferred or accepted as permanent restrictions.
- Handover test artefacts to people who need it in the future, e.g. maintenance or support teams.
- Participate in project retrospectives and contribute and document lessons learned
- Archive test work products, like test results, test logs, test status reports etc.
- Formal Education Grade 12 - essential
- Diploma or Degree qualified (IT or related technical) - essential
- ISTQB Foundation Level - desirable
- ISTQB Agile - desirable
- 2 - 3 years’ experience in Manual testing - essential
- 2 - 3 years’ experience in SQL - essential
- 5 - 7 years’ experience in Automation scripting - essential
- 1 - 2 years’ experience in Testing in a retail / financial sector - essential
- 2 - 3 years’ experience in SAP Retail testing - desirable
- 1 - 2 years’ experience in Testing in an Agile environment - desirable
Knowledge and Skills
- 5 - 7 years Knowledge of functional testing, system testing, integration testing, regression testing, automation scripting and execution - essential
- 2 - 4 years Knowledge of systems testing, integration testing - essential
- 2 - 3 years Knowledge of non-functional testing – performance testing - essential
- 1 - 2 years Google Suite - desirable
- 1 - 2 years Knowledge of non-functional testing – security testing - desirable
- 1 - 2 years Knowledge of non-functional testing – usability testing - desirable
Skills - essential: 5 - 7 years
- Build enhancements to test frameworks increasing speed and productivity
- GUI/API automation/performance solutions using different tools
- Refinement of automation/performance tech methodologies and approach
- Innovate solutions and idea improving SQA processes
- Define metrics and measurements to evaluate automation/performance effectiveness
- Analysis, design and implement automation/ performance solutions
- Assist with the facilitation of project workshops and scoping sessions
- Compile automation task or project estimations
- Pilot and demo bespoke automation/performance solutions
- Provide coaching and development opportunities for junior test team members
- Develop, Train and lead junior team members in automation testing methods and best practices
- Prepare Reusable functions, which improve the robustness, re-usability, and maintainability of their test scripts.
- Influence the direction of the automation effort, and its schedule and prioritization
- Respond to technical issues to resolve and follow up
- Collaborate with other IT and application resources and teams
- Collaboratively work with the rest of the QA team to refine quality assurance practices and technique within the greater team
- Work with the support team to interpret and implement quality assurance standards for the context of the project or BAU ticket
- In sprint / release automation
- In sprint / release manual testing if automation is not possible
- Pair / collaborative testing with the developers in the support team
- Continually evaluate the adequacy of quality assurance standards in their projects
- Devise sampling procedures and directions for recording and reporting quality data
- Review the implementation and efficiency of quality and inspection systems
- Plan, conduct and monitor testing and inspection of materials and products to ensure finished product quality
- Document internal audits and other quality assurance activities
- Investigate customer complaints and non-conformance issues
- Collect and compile statistical quality data
- Analyse data to identify areas for improvement in the quality and automation capabilities
- Develop, recommend and monitor corrective and preventive actions
- Prepare reports to communicate outcomes of quality activities
- Identify training needs and organize training interventions to meet quality standards
- Coordinate and support on-site audits conducted by external providers
- Evaluate audit findings and implement appropriate corrective actions
- Monitor risk management activities Assure ongoing compliance with quality and industry regulatory requirements
- Testing and automation types:
- Integration testing, UI, E2E, API, REST, Device testing
- Automation Tools:
- UFT, Selenium, Postman, Appium, Mobile Centre, SoupUI
- CI Tools:
- Build Tools:
- Version control tools:
- Management Tools:
- Other Tools:
- NewRelic, Load Runner, NeoLoad, JMeter
- Development languages:
Skills - desirable: 2 years
- Experience of testing using test management tools such as QC / Zephyr
Kindly regard your application as unsuccessful if you have not heard from the agency within 2 weeks.