Purpose of the Job:
Become part of an innovative, forward-thinking and strategic IT architecture team. As a recognized authority of IT Technologies, the Domain Architect strategically advises on and drives the IT Technology strategy that underpins all IT solutions, creates the architecture for these platforms and leads the realization of the architecture roadmap into the target state. Deep subject matter knowledge relating to SAP Technologies, Technology Platforms, Infrastructure Platforms, Data Centres, Cloud and Security technologies as applicable to the retail industry is essential.
- Consult on the IT Technology strategy, develop roadmaps and reference architectures, and govern the technology selection in support thereof.
- Develop and maintain an understanding of the technology strategy and business priorities for enterprise.
- Develop the company’s IT Technology landscape roadmap and blueprints in line with the strategic business direction
- Maintain, socialize and enforce IT Technology System standards, keeping technology stakeholders up to date with changes in the technology standards highlighting potential impact to the enterprise.
- Be clearly identified as the IT Technology authority for all technologies and provide technical guidance and leadership in technology proposals, RFIs, RFPs, and project teams.
- Keep abreast of the latest technology trends and emerging technologies, determine the potential impact on the enterprise, and drive adoption as deemed appropriate.
- Create and present reference architecture as advice on the IT Technology architecture strategy for the organization.
- Serve as the IT Technology domain architecture and design authority for all project and operational stakeholders and ensure architecture quality across all solution platforms.
- Be clearly identified as the senior design authority as it relates to the IT Technology domain and provides technical guidance and leadership in solution proposals, RFIs, RFPs, and project teams.
- Partner with the Enterprise Architect and other Solution Architects in support of the definition and development of the overall enterprise solution landscape.
- Detect critical deficiencies in IT Technology architectures and recommend improvements.
- Work with external service providers to drive projects to successful implementation.
- Review external and internal designs for IT Technology systems from a risk and technology perspective
- Ensure applicable Architecture and Design reviews are conducted for IT Technology solutions in line with the defined IT governance and processes.
- Provide architectural oversight and guidance to development teams to ensure high-quality technical solution designs during the detailed design, build, test and deploy phases that conform to architecture principles and standards.
- Mentor solution architect / senior developers / designers / business analysts.
- Provide expert IT Technology guidance, ensure solution architectures and designs are in line with the IT Technology strategy and technology standards and conduct architecture and design reviews as part of the Architecture Review Committee.
- Define and develop the overall IT Technology architecture landscape in partnership with other Domain Architects and Solution Architects.
- Review proposed solution architectures ensuring alignment with architecture principles, the architecture framework, IT Technology reference architectures, set technology standards and identify critical gaps, and recommend improvements.
- Give guidance and advice to peers in respect of IT Technology solution designs ensuring the designs conform to industry's best practices and standards.
- Engage all stakeholders to obtain agreement on proposed IT Technology solutions and work closely with business stakeholders, Business Analysts, System Analysts and Project Managers to architect and implement media solutions.
- Govern all technology standards for the Group and conduct regular technology standard reviews of all new technologies introduced to the Group.
- Contribute to solution architecture and design standards and SDLC governance requirements
- Define a framework for Solution Architecture and develop the policies and procedures and templates to guide and govern the Solution Architecture processes.
- Develop and maintain solution architecture principles and quality compliance criteria to guide technology decisions.
- Develop and set solution modeling standards and guidelines.
- Define a set of metrics to measure and report on the performance of the various solution architecture processes.
- Degree in Information Systems / B Sc Computer Science (or similar) - essential
- TOGAF certification (or similar) - desirable
- 10 to 15 years Working experience within the IT industry.
- 5 to 10 years’ Experience with technology platforms, infrastructure platforms, data centres, IT security, Cloud architectures and SAP Technologies
- 5 years Retail industry experience with an understanding of retail business processes.
- 5+ years’ Experience in architecting IT Technology programs with detailed understanding Technology Frameworks.
- 5+ years’ Experience with all aspects of IT projects from business analysis, architecture, system analysis and design through development, testing, implementation, and production support (SDLC).
- 5+ years Excellent design and architecture skills and proven track record delivering well designed complex enterprise class systems.
- 3+ years Excellent technical development and be able to mentor others to improve their design and development skills.
- 5+ years Identification and formulation of solution architecture and solution alternatives and their assessment.
- 5+ years Demonstrated expertise in a variety of application development methodologies and practices.
- 2 to 3 years Lead a team through an architectural development process and collaborate with application development teams, architects and other members of the software development team.
- 2 to 3 years’ Experience with current research and standards in Solution Architecture.
- 5+ years’ Experience in high volume data and files processing, in a batch and real time, integration environment.
- 2+ years’ Experience in agile practices.
- 2 - 3 years Project management experience of mid-sized projects
Knowledge and Skills:
- 10 years Architecture and design of IT Technology Solutions and integration to other solutions.
- 3 - 5 years’ Experience with cloud architecture, including AWS and Azure
- 3 - 5 years Proven experience creating technology platforms, building and maintaining reliable and scalable solutions as well as experience working with varied forms of data infrastructures
- 3 - 5 years Software development frameworks and methodologies (Agile, Scrum, TOGAF, etc.)
- 10 years Strong analytical, problem-solving and logical skills
- 5 years Strong senior stakeholder management skills
- 5 years Excellent teamwork, interpersonal skills
- 5 years Out of the box thinker (lateral)
- 3 years Ability to innovate
- 5 years Develop of proposals and excellent written communication & presentation skills
- 5 years Excellent organisation and facilitation skills
- 5 years Strong conflict management skills
Kindly regard your application as unsuccessful if you have not heard from the agency within 2 weeks.