PBT Group has a requirement for a Senior Business Intelligence Business Analyst with solid understanding and experience in the industry, financial services experience would be preferable.
About the role:
- Responsible for the support and analysis of current and new business requirements with the focus on meeting the relevant business objectives. The individual will be responsible to operate within both support and project environments.
- Analyse the business environment related to the past, present and future.
- Work with Project Manager to assist with the estimation and planning of activities.
- Document requirements, including KPI’s, measures, reporting and business dimensions, business processes, data modeling requirements, interface layouts, data flows, screen and report layouts, etc.
- Investigate and define requirements for business processes and the documentation thereof.
- Formulate strategies and guidelines to improve the business environment.
- Analyse existing business processes to determine problems, risks and opportunities for improvement.
- Facilitate the implementation of new / enhanced processes.
- Review processes on an ongoing basis and conduct process audits.
- Render support to and facilitate sessions with end-users.
- Work closely with the Solution Architects and Data Modellers to design and implement the best possible solution within the limits of the tools available.
- System and user acceptance testing.
- Provide input to Quality Assurance.
- Business assistance during implementation.
- Provide input for user training.
- Substantial Business Analyst & Requirement Analysis experience in a environment.
- Elicitation, documentation, testing and project management.
- Experience with Server (ability to profile data and perform testing, which would require the person to write code).
- Must have some technical foundation and scripting experience
- A good understanding of business processes.
- Ability to assimilate and apply relevant business principles.
- Work independently.
- Must be a team player.
- Work on more than one project at a time.
- Be able to work within the framework of project methodologies and work independently on support and maintenance tasks.
- Strong communication skills.
- Good writing skills.
- Must be able to pay attention to detail.
- Good general understanding of the relevant industry.