Our client, a property management company, is looking for a Service Charge Accountant who is looking for career development.
The ideal candidate will have relevant experience in the property industry and have good knowledge of service charge accounting.
- Preparation of accruals and prepayments.
- Prepare trial balances.
- Prepare annual leasehold accounts and company accounts in accordance with ACCA and ICAEW guidelines.
- Liaison with external Accountants and Auditors when required to go through the auditing processes.
- Liaison with clients.
- Communicating with teams of Property Managers on a daily basis to ensure correct costs allocation and handling financial queries.
- Managing year end surplus / deficit charges onto lessee accounts.
- Bank accounts reconciliation.
- Sending out service charge and ground demands.
- Monitoring and corresponding with Accounts Payable / Receivable regarding supplier invoices and incoming cheques.
- Monitor and manage unpaid supplier invoices previously held on the system due to no funds.
- Assist in Credit Controller in arrears chasing.
- Producing draft budgets for the period (including 10-year plan) and processing approved budgets.
- Suppliers invoices processing.
- Educated to a Degree Level and possession of a professional qualification (SAICA or equivalent).
- Experience managing a team.
- Strong communication and technical skills.
- Good knowledge of property accounting systems as well as advanced MS Excel and Word Skills.
- Ideally 5 years post qualification property accounting background / experience.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and attention to details.
Working hours: 09:00 to 18:00 – Monday – Friday
Salary ranges from R300,000 to R324,000 per annum (depending on experience)
Starting date: As soon as possible.
Please apply online if you meet the above-mentioned requirements.
Please assume that your application was unsuccessful If you have not been contacted within 4 weeks from the date of this advertisement.