The person would need to be confident dealing with people (for the letting of property), but also a strong service mentality (for the property management).
So many people come into this industry thinking they just have to be a 'people person'. That is so not enough. If they're not organized, with inborn attention to detail, and self motivation, they will flounder fast. It's varied, and never a dull moment.
Verbal & written & communication skills are essential - and also have strong administrative skills, as well as computer literacy (MSOffice). Self-motivation and attention to detail, as well as problem-solving skills are key!
Agents need to have their own reliable car, smartphone, and laptop.
• A high degree of integrity and commitment
• Entrepreneurial way of thinking and working
• Strong interpersonal, organisational, and problem-
• Excellent communication and listening skills
• Ability to negotiate and network
• A sense of diplomacy
• Service oriented (customer service & customer
experience is vital)
• A team player!
• Financial acumen an advantage (at least know the
difference btw debit and credit :)
• Computer Literacy is VIP
• Attention to detail is vital