A leading property company is looking for a Junior Financial Accountant to join their Team.
- Monthly review and analysis of General Ledger movements to identify accruals and re-allocations between Properties and Companies.
- Monthly preparation of accruals schedule and journal.
- Monthly review of income statement and balance sheet and preparation of balance sheet reconciliations
- Prepare monthly actual vs budget variance analysis per property.
- Review debtor age analysis to prepare monthly bad debts provision in line with Company policy and
raise any discrepancies identified with the Debtors Team.
- Monthly preparation and analysis of intercompany and shareholder loan reconciliations. Investigate and
resolve issues identified.
- Monthly calculation and processing of interest on intercompany, shareholder, and external loans.
- Monthly preparation of the prepaid expense and prepaid income schedules and processing to the relevant
- Preparation of income statement forecasting.
- Processing of other monthly and ad-hoc journals.
- Maintain Fixed Asset Register and ensure that assets are correctly depreciated in line with Company
- Preparation of workings and supporting schedules feeding into quarterly Board Reporting.
- Preparation of year-end audit folders with reference to the standard request list.
- Management and coordination of audit requests with relevant team members.
- Assist in the budgeting and forecasting process including loading approved budgets on MDA.
- Prepare and finalize property adjustment accounts for sold properties.
- Maintain adequate filing requirements according to departmental guidelines.
- Identify and implement opportunities for improvement within job function and department.
- Adhoc involvement in creditors and other reconciliations.
- Adhoc involvement in Finance projects.
- Adhoc preparation of financial reports.
Non-negotiable knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Problem-solving, strong critical thinking, and analytical skills
- Solid understanding of Intercompany balancing and calculation of interest
- Perform reconciliations and resolve issues identified
- Excel – advanced and ability to demonstrate skill
Minimum Job Qualifications Required
- Preferable to have experience in Property Accounting
- At least 2 years experience in a finance department (required)
- MDA Property Manager accounting software (preferable)
- Financial Degree (required)
- Articles (preferable)