To account for and report on Growthpoint Properties Limited Group results.
Duties and responsibilities
- In conjunction with the other reporting accountants, be responsible for the production
and enhancement of reporting, ensure that the information presented, and
explanations provided are accurate and consistent with information externally and
- Assume responsibility for the annual liaison, including planning and deliverables, with
the Group’s external auditors.
- Work with specialist colleagues, e.g. tax, legal and accounting technical, in improving
the financial results of the Group.
- Support the Group Financial Manager in preparation of group acquisition impact and
- Assist with prepare consolidation entries, such as "At Acquisition", equity accounting,
alignment of accounting policy, elimination, etc.
- Joint venture accounting responsibilities, such as reporting requirements of external
owners, cash management, support to auditors, management accounts and dividends.
• Assistance with the financial components of the Annual Integrated Report, ESG report
and AGM notice.
- Group annual financials preparation in excel and note reconciliations.
- Review and assist in the preparation of half yearly Group SENS announcement and
- IFRS: Support in implementation new standards.
- Be prepared to respond to reasonable requests from executive management.
Group Financial Director
Group Financial Manager
Qualifications & Experience
- 2 post article commercial experience
- Must be proactive
- Ability to work under pressure
- Must be able to take responsibility
- Able to manage high volume of transactions with an attention to detail
- Professional report writing skills
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills
- Able to work under pressure
- Deadline orientated
- Detailed and up to date IFRS knowledge
This role may be required to work overtime during busy times of reporting