Manager: Women’s Rugby: Permanent Position: Cape Town
What will you be responsible for?
To grow the game of women’s and girls’ rugby and enable access and opportunities for players at all age grades across the country.
- Growing the game, increase women and girl’s player and coach participation numbers at schools, clubs, universities and at provincial level.
- Embarking on marketing campaigns aimed at making the game more visible to women & girls to help attract new players.
- Working with stakeholders to understand the value of women and girls’ rugby in their schools, clubs, universities, and provincial unions.
- Facilitation of Coaching education workshop to build capacity
- Development of competition infrastructure throughout the country at age grade level
- Engaging with various stakeholders (Youth Training Centers (YTC), schools, clubs, universities) to introduce women’s and girls’ rugby at various levels
- Supporting and driving the development and implementation of local, regional, and provincial competitions.
- Working collaboratively to ensure competition calendars integrate to have annual opportunities to play in a national age grade event(s) with minimal gaps between grades.
- Implement strategies aimed at identifying and retaining talent within the women’s rugby pathway
- Design a system with women and girls at its heart that enables players to reach their full potential.
- Creating a collaborative culture of planning and sustainability aimed at retention of women/girl’s rugby players
- Create a community of coaches and administrators operating in the women’s game that continually engage in talent identification to help shine a light on players with representative potential.
- Create a financial planning system aimed at supporting women’s rugby
- Liaise with possible funders aimed at sourcing funds to support women’s rugby initiatives
- Effectively manage income and expenditure for women’s rugby pathways
- Three-year degree (essential) or Sport science degree / sport management (Desirable)
- Experience (years and nature)
- 3-5 years in sport management experience or sports pathways development (Essential)
- 3-5 years- Coaching, Conditioning, and sport administration/ Management (Desirable)
- 2-4 years’ Experience working with female players (Desirable)
- Computer skills (Excel and PowerPoint)
- Reporting skills
- Communication skills
- Presentation skills
- Management skills
- Coaching and Developing
- Planning and Organizing
- Judgement and Decisions Making
- Analysis and Problem Solving
- Strategic Focus
- Talent Management
Communication will only be with shortlisted candidates email@example.com