As a Rooms Division Manager, you will be responsible for the management and coordination of all Rooms area departments and managing staff. Plans, develops, implements, and evaluates the quality of property's guest rooms. Strives to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction and maximize the financial performance of the department. Ensures that standards and procedures are being followed. Leads specific team while assisting with meeting or exceeding property goals. The position ensures that the Rooms division meet the brand's standards, targets customer needs, ensures employee satisfaction, focuses on growing revenues, and maximizes the financial performance of the department.
- Diploma in Hospitality Management
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Driver’s License with own reliable transport
- Ensuring that all the furniture is skillfully placed in each area of the hotel and complies with the agreed specs of the Chairman.
- All the décor, painting, sculptures etc. are positioned so that the best aesthetic look for the area can be achieved.
- Ensure all furniture and accessories are always maintained and clean up to standard.
- All the aesthetics files are kept up to date and monitored.
- Flowers are fresh and attractive daily in all public areas.
- Ensure that rooms are serviced and maintained to the standards laid down by the company.
- Make sure all front of house areas is always clean and tidy.
- Ensure all cleaning equipment is correctly maintained and stored.
- Ensure the smooth operation of Housekeeping daily.
- Daily spot checks of suites and rooms to ensure 5-star standards.
- Checking of all monthly stock takes for amenities, chemicals, and linen for Housekeeping.
- Regular checking of the property in general and rooms and ensure that all maintenance items are attended to.
- Reporting and follow up of all maintenance issues pending or outstanding.
- Assisting with the overseeing of the maintenance department in the absence of the Facilities Manager.
- Planning of hotel projects in conjunction with the Chairman and Facilities Manager
- Be readily available to deal with problems and complaints.
- To circulate regularly throughout Front of House areas. Maintaining high profile with guests and staff
- Ensure all enquiries are dealt with efficiently and courteously.
- Dealing with, following up on and documenting any guest related incidents arising in the hotel
- Ensure smooth operation of the reception area.
- Ensure guests are greeted, checked in and allocated rooms promptly and courteously.
- Ensure check in procedures are strictly adhered to.
- Ensure maximum occupancy with agreed overbooking policy.
- To ensure reservations are taken correctly and courteously.
- Ensure credit control procedures are strictly adhered to, no accounts to exceed stipulated limits without approval and written confirmation, order numbers and purchase orders are on file.
- To ensure guest accounts and O status is kept up to date.
- Ensure effective and speedy check out facilities.
- Ensure collection and delivery of luggage to rooms is done efficiently.
- To ensure that the hotel entrance is correctly managed.
- Ensure that the switchboard is efficiently and effectively managed.
- Conduct regular on-the-job training in all departments.
- Ensure dress code of staff is up to standard.
- Correct office procedures are adhered to by all departments.
- Payroll input sheet submissions including submission of hours, new starters, payroll changes and exits.
- Disciplinary matters
- To ensure effective liaison between Reservations & Front Office and other departments (e.g., Housekeeping, Maintenance and F&B)
- Ensuring correct procedures will all Rooms Division Departments with regards to purchases and purchase order books
- Monitor trends within your industry and make suggestions on how these can be improved and implemented.
- To assist with any Village & Life properties within your scope of expertise as requested by the Chairman.
- Staff Management (work performance, appearance)
- Willingness to work overtime.
- Product knowledge
- Guest Relations
- Meeting Guest Requests
- Daily admin
- Follow up of outstanding issues
- Monthly reports
- Communication to Management
- Communication to Staff
- Tourism knowledge
- Staff training
- Staff tests
- Open accounts
To apply for the position, please forward an updated CV with a picture of yourself to firstname.lastname@example.org
**Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted. Should you not hear from us within 14 days – please consider your application unsuccessful**
To browse all our vacancies, please log on to our website – www.careercustodians.com