To plan, manage and execute all Logistics and Operations activities, reporting and strategies on behalf of the company including the management of the stores warehouse in line with relevant statutory guidelines and other relevant requirements
YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Contribute towards the development of a strategy for the Division and ensure alignment of this strategy with the plan for the Logistics and Operations business unit overall.
- Ensure productivity is measured effectively against set objectives.
- Manage and ensure the drive of continuous improvement activities within areas of responsibility.
- Prepare monthly business unit reports on all procurement activities within scope of control
- Review relevant procurement policies annually within scope of control
- Review, develop and implement systems and processes for procurement activities within scope of control
- Develop and implement cost containment initiatives for the SABS within scope of control
- Oversee the approval of purchase orders for suppliers to ensure that it complies with PFMA and SABS requirements.
- Complete and submit monthly and quarterly plans and reports such as stock count records, stock level discrepancies, inventory data integrity, variation reports, and monthly stock reports.
Risk and Compliance Management
- Ensure the mitigation of risk through the identification and application of fraud controls and risk prevention principles and implementation of sound governance and compliance processes and tools to identify and manage risks.
- Responsible for the coordination and maintenance of quality risk management in line with regulatory requirements.
- Support and provide evidence to all internal and external audit and regulatory requirements.
- Drive the implementation of compliance with policies aimed at strengthening the SABS brand and stakeholder interface.
- Provide input in the planning and compilation of the annual budget aligned to the strategic delivery plans to support the implementation of set objectives.
- Ensure the effective implementation, management, monitoring of the business unit’s budget, and mitigate and report on any variances.
- Ensure the deployment of proper financial controls to manage the business unit budget.
- Proactively manage all direct reports in order to ensure that the strategic objectives for the division is met.
- Maintain excellent human capital performance through employee empowerment, skills development and retention and succession planning within the team.
- Maintain an environment where employees respect and adhere to company standards of integrity and ethics by integrating these values into all processes, procedures and practices.
- Identify and mitigate internal systems and procedural barriers to enhance excellent customer service.
- Build and maintain effective internal and external stakeholder relationships for the purpose of expectations management, knowledge sharing and integration, and to manage the organisation’s reputation.
- Represent and participate in the organisation’s committees and tasks teams when required.
QUALIFICATIONS, MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND EXPERIENCE
- Diploma + Advanced Diploma / B-Degree in Purchasing or Supply Chain Management or equivalent
- Membership in a professional procurement body e.g., CIPS (preferred)
- 10 years of relevant work experience within Logistics and Operations, Stores or Warehousing environment
- 3 years of managerial experience
Should you meet the above requirements, please upload your CV to our website www.hslabour.co.za. [CV’S VIA EMAIL WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED]
Candidates will be required to go through a background and vetting process if shortlisted
Full job spec will be shared with shortlisted candidates only
Should you not hear from us within 2 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.