Our client is currently seeking an experienced Management Accountant based in Pretoria.
The role is a fixed term contract up to 31st July 2022
The main function of this role is to provide accurate financial information to business unit management by analysing accounting data, preparing reports and related documents and maintaining accounting records to ensure that the business complies with all financial legislative prescripts.
Duties and responsibilities
- Prepare value-adding strategic financial reports as required by management, EXCO, the Department of Trade and Industry, Board, National Treasury and specialized strategic projects.
- Analyse, investigate and reallocate various income and expense account transactions, as required.
- Draw reports from the relevant system for the preparation of financial statements such as income statements and capital expenditure, other related reports and statutory reports..
- Monitor the accuracy and completeness of invoiced amounts for revenue generating business units within the allocated divisions.
- Ensure that monthly financial reports are accurate by accruing for all unrecorded financial transactions in the correct general ledger period.
- Implement the agreed Financial Strategy Function Digitisation Work Packages.
- Develop and maintain automated reports where relevant to support business optimisation.
- Coordinate and facilitate the preparation of the annual budget and quarterly forecast submissions for divisions.
- Engage with management of the various divisions and business units to initiate the budget process and review budgets for submission to the relevant superiors.
Risk and Compliance Management
- Assist in identifying and adhering to fraud controls, risk prevention principles, sound governance and compliance processes, and tools to identify and manage risks.
- Support and provide evidence to all internal and external audit and regulatory requirements.
- Maintain quality risk management standards in line with ISO and regulatory requirements.
- Build and maintain effective internal and external stakeholder relationships for the purpose of expectations management, knowledge sharing and integration, and to manage the organisation’s reputation.
- Represent and participate in the organisation’s committees and tasks teams when required.
- Diploma + Advanced Diploma / B-Degree in Accounting, Management Accounting, Finance, Economics or related field
- CIMA / CA(SA) registration is essential
- 8 years relevant work experience in Management Accounting
- 4 years specialist experience
- Proven track record of preparing financial reports for Senior Management, Exco and National Treasury level
- Proven track record of planning, budgeting, forecasting and financial analysis
- ERP system experience
Should you meet the above requirements, please upload your CV onto our website www.hslabour.co.za. [DUE TO THE POPI ACT - CV’S VIA EMAIL WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED]
Shortlisted candidates will be required to go through background screening.
Full spec will be shared with those that is shortlisted only
Should you not hear from us within 2 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.