E-Commerce Marketing Specialist
An innovative and forward thinking medtech company in Pretoria East is seeking an experienced and knowledgeable E-Commerce Marketing Specialist with at between 3 -5 years’ experience to join their marketing team.
The E-commerce Marketing Specialist is responsible for all aspects related to optimizing our third-party retailer e-commerce channels (Amazon.com, and also other online marketplaces like BestBuy.com, CVS, Walmart and Walgreens) and digital e-commerce platforms (Facebook catalog, Google Shopping, etc.) and any other marketplaces.
You will work with internal stakeholders within marketing, sales, procurement and leadership, end-to-end listing, and set-up, build content, campaign management, assess page performance, drive reviews, define, set up and report metrics, inventory management and drive e-commerce traffic and sales growth.
Minimum education (essential):
- Bachelor's Degree in business, marketing, or related field
Minimum education (desirable):
- Postgraduate Degree or Diploma in Marketing Management or related
- Course / Certificate in digital marketing
- Course / Certificate in e-commerce marketing
Minimum applicable experience (years):
Required nature of experience:
- eCommerce experience; ideally either in-house management of the Amazon channel or at an Amazon-focused agency.
Skills and Knowledge (essential):
- Familiarity with the following platforms: Google Analytics, Amazon and Shopify+.
- Understanding of consumer online experience.
- Knowledge of Amazon and other marketplace channels.
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills.
Other: The following would be beneficial:
- Familiarity with retailer E-commerce platforms
- Knowledge and insights of the US consumer online behavior and insights
- Understanding pixel placements/trouble-shooting (Google Tag Manager and Facebook Pixels)
- Generating Ideas
- Thinking Positively
- Team Working
- Meeting Timescales
- Checking Things
- Attention to Detail
- Interpreting Data
- Analytical Skills
- Managing Tasks
- Producing Outputs
- Taking Action
- Documenting Facts
- Developing Expertise
- Exploring Possibilities
- Establishing Rapport
- Providing Insights
- Adopting Practical Approaches
- Convincing People
- Articulating Information
- Showing Composure
- Inviting Feedback
- Valuing Individuals
- Upholding Standards
- Following Procedures
- Seizing Opportunities
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS, WEIGHTS & OBJECTIVES
E-commerce Platform Management 50%
- Serve as a key contact for all Amazon related activity and lead daily operations of the Amazon business to maintain profitability, sales growth and customer satisfaction.
- Maintain current products, product pages, and brand store pages to ensure accuracy and correct brand messaging.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders (Marketing, Operations, Customer Experience) to ensure seamless Amazon operations.
- Articulate the key needs of 3rd party partners back to the broader marketing team and organisation.
- Support new product launch and promotional campaigns by developing product listings, including asset and content development while meeting agreed upon timelines.
- Collaborate with technical/agency partners (internal and external) to develop and deliver best-in-class site experiences.
- Drive performance and optimization of product merchandising and product detail pages across all channels.
- Manage marketplace launches for new products, identify promotional opportunities and develop promotional calendars, working cross functionally to finalize elements from copy to
- design assets.
- Actively drive reviews on the respective e-commerce platforms to build credibility through implementation of the relevant tactics.
- Work with the digital marketing team to ensure campaigns sending external traffic to our product listing are optimised considering the consumer journey.
Data Tracking & Reporting 30%
- Develop and manage KPI’s/metrics, utilize analytics to report on the performance across e-commerce efforts, glean insights and share findings with key stakeholders
- Drive strong scorecard performance against key traffic, conversion, and retail metrics through an analytical approach and a deep understanding of both the key paid and organic business drivers.
- Develop and maintain activity reports across sales and operational data to proactively address areas of opportunity.
- Closely monitor customer needs and trends and work with the marketing team to translate into future enhancements and new experiences.
- Conduct market and competitive research to inform go-to-market product onboarding strategy, pricing, launch plan and product lifecycle management.
Strategic Management Support 20%
- Develop and lead the Amazon strategic roadmap that is driven by in-depth analysis of business results and customer insights
- Manage opportunities to increase conversion and grow presence within Amazon (e.g. Amazon Ads strategy).
- Maintain a thorough understanding of what drives e-commerce sales and have a passion for continuous improvement around owned and third-party site experience.
QMS QMS: Sales and Marketing
- Ensure that QMS guidelines are adhered to.
- Ensure that all supporting documents are kept to date.
- Ensure that all processes are kept relevant.
Market related (including a 13th cheque, risk benefit contribution and pension fund contribution)