Our client is currently seeking an experienced Billing Officer based in Pretoria.
The role is a fixed term contract up to 31st July 2022
The main purpose of this roll is to ensure that the billing value chain is implemented appropriately and to provide assistance and advocacy to management with accurate processing of the invoice cycle for existing and new clients.
Duties and responsibilities
- Ensure the accurate processing of the billing and related finance activities in the revenue cycle.
- Verify customer payments for cash accounts.
- Proactively track all integration issues where applicable and facilitate timeous resolution of the identified issues.
- Validate sales orders for completeness and accuracy.
- Perform the opening and closing of jobs activities as required.
- Assist business unit managers at sales departments with queries where required.
- Reduce the number of credit notes due to incorrect billing through accurate invoice processing.
- Update and maintaining accurate price lists on system in line with approved pricing.
- Facilitate credit note requests and compile memorandums for approval.
- Facilitate customer requests and payments for refunds
- Ensure that all logged customers queries are resolved promptly and satisfactorily; and closed appropriately once they have been resolved.
- Ensure that billing backlogs in business units with decentralised billing processes are cleared promptly.
- Attend business unit management meetings and alert them to the various billing targets and progress-to-date.
- Provide support to business regarding billing related matters.
- Implement effective billing processes to ensure correctness of revenue in terms of IFRS requirements
Risk and Compliance Management
- Assist in identifying and adhering to fraud controls, risk prevention principles, sound governance and compliance processes, and tools to identify and manage risks.
- Support and provide evidence to all internal and external audit and regulatory requirements.
- Maintain quality risk management standards in line with ISO and regulatory requirements.
- Maintain and enforce all related Service Level Agreements to minimise business risk and ensure business continuity
- Build and maintain effective internal and external stakeholder relationships for the purpose of expectations management, knowledge sharing and integration, and to manage the organisation’s reputation.
- Represent and participate in the organisation’s committees and tasks teams when required.
- Convene and attend meetings and present relevant information to stakeholders when required
- National Diploma / Diploma in Finance, Accounting or a related field
- 3 years relevant work experience in billing or revenue management
- ERP system experience
Should you meet the above requirements, please upload your CV onto our website www.hslabour.co.za. [DUE TO THE POPI ACT - CV’S VIA EMAIL WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED]
Shortlisted candidates will be required to go through background screening.
Full spec will be shared with those that is shortlisted only
Should you not hear from us within 2 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.