The role requires a talented and driven investment advisory professional whom is responsible for the securing of new high and ultra-high net wealth clients for the Company through signed the client's lump sum investments to the company's suite of local and offshore Personal Share Portfolio (PSP) and Fund investment products, as well as offering ancillary value add products such as free will service and High Interest Call Account (HICA) to these clients.
The Wealth Specialist must be able to prospect and source private clients through established Professional and Lifestyle Networks, as well as through direct business thereby increasing the Assets Under Management (AUM) thus establishing and growing the Wealth Specialist's client book. These Networks are the focus of new private client business acquisition lead and client source will be particularly successful in their attainment of AUM in the company's target and performance driven environment.
- Acquisition of new private clients and their lump sum investments and fund products resulting in an increase in FUM.
- Creation of a pipeline of producing new business and Professional Networks as well as through direct and organic business.
- Servicing of existing private clients in line with high standards of servicing in the Private Wealth industry.
- Compliance in terms of the regulatory status with the FSB, as well as ensuring any and all client documentation, in particular Records of Advice, are fully compliant and embody the maxim of Treating Customers Fairly.
- Strong and fundamental understanding and knowledge of Financial Markets, Securities and Financial Instruments being Equities, Fixed Income, Bonds, Listed Property & Cash Instruments as well as local and Foreign Investment Schemes.
- A good understanding of local and global economic fundamentals.
- A good understanding of the various client needs' and risk profile analysis tools and approaches used to meet client's varying financial objectives.
- Rapid learning ability to understand and grasp the business model and the products and services offered within the Group.
- Awareness and cognisance of competitor activities and offerings.
- A honed sales technique allowing for the Wealth Specialist to interact, sell and develop a personal relationship with a mature demographic of high and ultra-high net wealth private clients.
- Computer literate and technologically savvy.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Valid driver's license.
- Recognised tertiary qualification in a finance related field such as a BCom, BBusSc or a wealth management/investment management qualification.
- A completed Postgraduate Diploma in Financial Planning would be advantageous. An in-progress completion of the above will also be considered advantageous.
- Written and passed the Representative (RES) exam and are currently on an FSP's license as a Representative giving advice and providing an intermediary service.
- Has been on an FSP license for relevant product categories (can be under supervision for selected sub-categories).
- Minimum 5+ years' experience as a Private Client Wealth Manager, with experience in high and ultra-high net wealth investment advisory and planning, financial planning and estates planning.
- Preferred experience would be 10+ years' experience as a Private Client Wealth Manager.
Please consider your application unsuccessful should you not receive a response within two weeks of applying.