We are currently partnering with one of the Country’s biggest Diamond Mining Company’s, in order to recruit, retain and acquire the best possible candidates for their new Underground Mining Project MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: (Education & Experience)
In order to fulfill these permanent mining vacancies, we will need the following
Senior Electrical Engineer
- Grade 12 certificate or relevant NQF level 4 qualifications
- Bachelors’ degree in Engineering (Electrical) or equivalent
- Government Certificate of Competency (Mines)
- Code 08 (EB) driver’s license
- Medical fitness as per inherent requirements of the job
- Security cleared as per company requirements and verification of qualifications
- It will be expected from shortlisted candidates to undergo Psychometric and other assessments
- Knowledge of the Mine Health and Safety Act.
- Knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Knowledge of Engineering Standards according to SANS.
- Knowledge of Micom protection relays and Studio software.
- Ability in ETAP electrical protection software and protection aspects will be advantageous.
- Knowledge of metering and bill apportionment and verification.
- Proven ability of Electrical rotating machinery and selection and fault finding.
- Proven ability of Emergency generator management and operation.
- Proven ability of Substation atomization, switchgear, and distribution.
- Proven ability in water abstraction supply and distribution.
- Proven ability in dealing with utility suppliers.
- Proven ability in asset management.
- Proven ability in capital project management.
- Proven ability in minimizing operational and business risk management.
- Proven ability in engineering risk identification and hazard mitigation.
- Proven ability in managing Electrical and Water distribution systems with 10 years experience in heavy industry or mining environment with 5 years’ experience directly managing Electrical systems.
- Strategic vision of 2 - 5 years.
- Planning, analysis, coordinating and prioritizing tasks.
- Relationship building and good communication skills.
- Project Management will be advantageous.
- Report writing and presentation skills.
- Interpersonal skills
KEY RESULT AREAS:
- Ensure adherence to the company's Safety, Health, and Environmental management programs and that objective are implemented according to statutory legislation and the Strategic Management Plan.
- Direct and identify the implementation of policies and procedures to ensure adherence to mining standards, organizational standards, and legislative requirements.
- Oversees and coordinates electrical engineering activities safely, efficiently, and cost-effectively to meet short-term production objectives.
- Allocate and manage the utilization of financial resources and value add to optimize engineering availability and life cycle management of equipment.
- Interpret organizational requirements for the section, to compile and develop a risk log with appropriate mitigation solutions that align with short, medium, and long-term Strategic Business Plan objectives.
- Direct the development, motivation, and utilization of Human Resources for the section to ensure a competent knowledge base for continued success within the area of responsibility.
- Establishes and maintains strong relationships with relevant stakeholders.
- Contributes to continuous improvement and asset optimization initiatives for engineering processes.
- Contract Management of essential services and projects in the area of responsibility.
- Implement asset management plan and execution for Utilities and electrical sections, delivering to the defined production tons, availability, and reliability targets.
- Coordinate the development, management, and enhancement of maintenance plans to ensure optimal uptime and reliability of equipment within the area of responsibility.
- Implement critical Plant and Equipment strategies/tactics are delivering to the defined availability, reliability, and cost / operated hour within the lifecycle model and production plan.
- Development of appropriate engineering maintenance and project systems to support the strategic plans.
- Identify & develops the appropriate practice, specifications, and standards for discipline to ensure integrated practices according to organizational needs and objectives.
- Interprets operational and mining risks to ensure the development and management of a risk management plan to minimize identifiable risk to an operation.
- Ensure electrical equipment maintenance strategies are operationalized into effective work packages and tactics.
- Ensure all work is planned, scheduled, executed, and monitored and all legal appointment/ statutory requirements are executed
- Applicants should submit a detailed CV together with proof of qualifications.
- Preference will be given to HDSA candidates and consideration will be given to the company’s Employment Equity Policy and Labour Plan.