The key objective of this role is to review and critique the operational and organisational capabilities of investee businesses portfolios of the Company, and to assist founding teams through the provision of point-in-time practical interventions, tools, and other appropriate support to enhance operational efficiency and reduce operational risk in these ventures. The successful candidate will be expected to create and /or introduce best practice frameworks that will include continuous review of the operational robustness of investee businesses, identifying key risks and /or deficiencies and co-creating solutions with the support of the Programmes and Investment team heads
• Participate in Pathways alignment sessions and Post-Investment advisory boards.
• Review & critique Pathways participating businesses and the Company's portfolio businesses.
• Facilitate learning opportunities in building and maintaining of functional systems, processes and operational structures for founders and colleagues involved in value creation and business growth.
• Create and implement simple and systematic processes and frameworks that can be adopted by early stage and growing businesses to drive operational strength and efficiency
• Partner with founding teams to trouble shoot specific wasteful, inefficient and risk areas in the businesses
• Enhance commercial and operational success of early stage and growth helping them to build robustness and sustainability
• Support the Pathways and Post-Investment teams in enhancing overall experience for participants
Qualifications, skills and experience
• Relevant business-related qualification
• 5 years’ middle management experience in start-up development
• Microsoft office skills are essential
Key attributes and competencies
• Interest and understanding of the company's vision, mission and values
• Passion for contributing to making a positive difference to South Africa
• Team player with strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to work successfully with entrepreneurs and build relationships with stakeholders
• Emotional maturity and professionalism
• Ability to work independently with limited supervision
• Willingness and ability to work on various corporate widespread projects
• Highly reliable and organized
• Ability to handle confidential information with discretion
You have successfully created your alert.
You will receive an email when a new job matching your criteria is posted.
Your account has not been verified. Please use the verification link sent via email.Resend Verification Link