Monday, 16 May 2022
Professions - Other Professions
R50 000,00 - R60 000,00 (PER MONTH)
- Ensure costs are captured in the month incurred (Labour, Vehicle R&M, Stock Losses, Fuel).
- Ensure unprocessed costs are accrued in the month incurred.
- Ensure monthly transport department expenditure is maintained within budget – a budget will be provided and discussed with you.
- Explain variance of budget versus actual.
- Ensure cost overruns are investigated and appropriate countermeasures are instituted to prevent further overruns.
- Ensure the maintenance of the delivery schedule in plato i.e. implementation of new stores
- Ensure that most effective and efficient execution of the delivery schedule i.e. lowest possible Cost Per Kilometre.
- Ensure routes are executed according to daily delivery planning meeting.
- Ensure that changes are made on delivery schedule to optimize kilometres, EPOD & Trackmatic
- Ensure all daily routes are executed on Trackmatic and EPOD as per company procedures.
- Ensure planning and coordinating of Cross dock operational requirements.
- Ensure the adequate management of fuel.
- Ensure the adequate management of driver and van assistant hours.
- Ensure all vehicles dispatched daily are compliant as per DQSP standards.
- Host monthly staff meeting with minutes.
- Develop and manage Staff schedules.
- Ensure that all staff maintains DQSP certification i.e. PDP’s, LMI, Medicals, fridge calibrations
- Ensure succession plan in place for career levels.
- Liaising with the HR department so as to understand all the necessary aspects and needs of HR
- Transportation quality standards are consistently maintained in accordance with DQSP requirements.
- Pass all internal and external quality audits.
- Audit gaps are closed within prescribed due dates.
- Ensure equipment maintenance is planned and executed with Assets Manager according to
- Ensure all Health & Safety repairs and maintenance is identified and resolved immediately
- Risk Management
- 5-7 years’ experience required in Transport
- Grade 12 is compulsory with Relevant Tertiary Diploma, Degree or, Honors Degree in Logistics and Transportation Management or similar
- Good Warehousing & Distribution, Transport, FMCG, QRS Management.
- Union Experience as well as knowledge of the NBCRFLI required.
- Intermediate to advanced Computer literacy MS Excel, Outlook PowerPoint, Advanced (WMS) Skills and GP skills