Our client is a fast-growing Audit business based in Johannesburg, seeking a suitably qualified and experienced manager to take responsibility of audit and accounting business. We offer audit and non assurance service to both the private and the public sectors. The ideal candidate should be experienced in handling audit, tax, accounting and consulting
The Manager will report directly to the Director and his/her responsibilities include the following:
• Oversees audit planning, field work, and audit reporting; prepares reports, and communicates findings and recommendations to line and senior management.
• Conduct full audit file reviews and related reports to ensure the relevant files are ready for sign off.
• Review audit work papers prepared by the audit staff to ensure sound audit theory and compliance with the relevant methodology.
• Provide technical assistance to staff members (where required).
• Ensures that reviews are completed in compliance with the relevant standards.
• Manage resourcing and planning of staff members on audit engagements.
• Must be capable of presenting results to senior management and maintain excellent client
• Produce client reports (AFS, Minutes, Certificates, Management letters etc.)
• Auditing, independent review and compilation of financials statements according to IFRS for SMEs.
• Review time-sheets.
• Manage WIP.
• Compliance and improvement of the firm’s audit methodology.
• Review of company policies.
• Responsible to ensure audit quality and risk management in the review process.
• SARS – annual returns, provisional tax, VAT, PAYE, EMP501, objections and disputes.
• Full accounting function capability including but not limited to Compilation of IFRS and IFRS for SMEs compliant financial statements, GRAP compliant Accounting Policies GRAP compliant Notes to the Financial Statements, Adjusting journals, Fixed Asset Register etc.
• Responsible for the daily supervision and development of staff and the completion of performance evaluations.
• Advisory engagements.
• Business development.
• B Degree (required)
• CTA or Honours Degree equivalent (required)
• CA (SA) (advantage)
• Seven plus years of audit experience in public accounting
• Atleast 4 years Post Articles
• Demonstrated sound technical abilities in select areas (audit, accounting, regulatory, compliance, etc.)
• Initiative / pro-activity.
• Team leadership
You have successfully created your alert.
You will receive an email when a new job matching your criteria is posted.
Your account has not been verified. Please use the verification link sent via email.Resend Verification Link