A market leader of Nutraceuticals in the South African Animal Feed industry is seeking an experienced Inventory and Logistics Manager to be responsible for the stock control and warehousing activities of multiple warehouses on a national basis.
Minimum requirements for the role:
- Must have a relevant tertiary qualification
- 3 to 5 years in an inventory management role, ideally in the FMCG industry, will be required
- Hands-on experience in 3PL distribution with strong organisational and administrative skills are important
- Must have attention to detail and numbers orientated
- Computer literacy and working knowledge of Pastel are essential
- Must be fluent in Afrikaans and English with excellent communication and writing skills
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be willing to travel at least 5 days per month
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Controlling stock movement and related activities for 5 warehouses on a national basis.
- Conducting bimonthly warehouse visits.
- Liaising with 3PL transport companies and coordinating deliveries from the warehouses to the customers nationally.
- Collecting signed delivery notes from the 3PL transport companies and warehouses.
- Collating and handing all documents relevant to an order over to the Financial Manager
- Performing weekly reconciliations of stock at the various warehouses.
- Coordinating sales by capturing orders on Pastel.
- Collating and forwarding order documents and invoices to customers.
- In conjunction with the Technical Manager, handling customer complaints due to packaging/warehouse/ transit errors.
- Managing stock returns.
Salary package is highly negotiable depending on experience gained.
Please note that subsequent to the screening and shortlisting process, all further communication will be entered into, only with the shortlisted candidates