Our client requires the expertise of a trade qualified Plumber with at lease 5 years relevant maintenance experience. Ability to read architectural drawings and ideally Plumbing Registration Board registration. Must have a valid drivers license and be willing to work after hours and week-ends. Qualifications & Experience
Skills and Abilities
- Valid Trade Certificate & Matric
- Valid Driver’s License & residing in the East Rand
- More than 5 years’ experience in maintenance plumbing
- Police clearance required
- Fully bilingual (spoken & written)
- Preferred reading of architectural drawings to sign off COCS Geyser Installations Insurance Burst Geysers Installation of Piping and Drainage Drain Cleaning, Blocked Drains, Burst Pipes, Leaking Toilets, Renovations & New Build
- Preferred Plumbing Industry Registration Board (PIMB) registration/license
- Willing to work after hours and weekends
- Ability to use smartphone/tablet efficiently
- Strong sense of responsibility re. administration of paper trail as instructed by the Ops manual
- Strong Communication skills
- Good time management skills
- Diplomatic & patient
- Display initiative, maturity and a high degree of professionalism
- Strong organisational skill
- Ability to work under pressure
- Perform preventive maintenance on fixtures such as blocked drain lines, repairing leaking faucets, replacing worn or bad fixtures, etc.
- Read meters and report water usage.
- Install and maintain pipes and fittings including assembly, cutting, threading.
- Perform plumbing, heating and pipe fitting repair and replacement including high-pressure steam systems, hot water heating systems, drainage systems, etc.
- Maintain culinary water systems and test and repair back flow prevention devices.
- Maintain inventory of equipment and supplies including ordering replacement materials, filling out associated forms, repairing damaged or broken equipment etc.
- Prioritize duties, computer/smart phone entry of time records etc.
- Willing to respond 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Be able to work weekends & evenings if required
- Willing to complete other duties as assigned.