This long standing, national manufacturing company currently seeks a Qualified Millwright, to conduct mechanical and electrical maintenance and repairs on plant and equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Grade 12 with Mathematics & Science strong pref.
- Section 13 Red Seal Millwright Trade Tested.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Previous experience in an Automotive Manufacturing company pref.
- Previous experience in a Metal Stamping/Press Plant environment pref.
- N4 Electro-mechanical Certificate.
- Siemens PLC.
Key Performance Areas:
- Receive maintenance schedules, interpret instructions and plan maintenance and repair work.
- Inspect tooling and determine spares and consumables requirements.
- Generate job requisitions for scheduled maintenance.
- Transport tools, equipment and spares to the work site.
- Isolate equipment, perform lockouts and make the work area safe.
- Attend to machine breakdowns of a mechanical/electrical nature for all equipment under engineering functional control.
- Update the responsible person on progress of repairs.
- Escalate the problem to the next level if necessary.
- Capture all information.
- Produce simple components by expert use of:
- Drilling machine;
- Milling machine;
- Surface grinding machine; and
- Electrical Discharge machine (EDM).
- Perform basic and MIG/TOG welding of metals.
- Grind tools and drill bits.
- Maintain mechanical equipment:
- Indirect and direct drives, pipe systems, static seals, bearings, brakes and clutches, direct drives, dynamic seals, heat exchangers and pressure vessels, lubricating systems, pumps, conveyor systems, compressors, fluid power/pneumatic/vacuum systems, gearboxes, safety valves.
- Design and construct Single/Three Phase Circuits.
- Design and install Electrical Wire Ways.
- Construct, commission and do fault tracing on low voltage reticulation networks (220Vac, 110Vac, 24DC).
- Install or replace and commission electrical equipment (lighting systems; electrical cables and conductors; earth leakage unit in a low voltage circuit; metering units or measuring instruments; low and medium voltage transformers; batteries; electrical wire ways; direct current (DC) machines three phase AC electrical circuits, machines and control gear).
- Wire and commission three phase electrical circuits.
- Inspect and clean (electrical machines; enhanced safety apparatus; electrical motors).
- Test and inspect a three phase industrial/commercial installation.
- Inspect and maintain all electrical equipment.
- Replace electrical equipment.
- Fault find and repair (Domestic appliances; single phase alternating current (AC) systems; three phase voltage electrical circuits).
- Mechanically cut, drill, punch and assemble fabrication materials using powered machinery.
- Cut materials using the oxy-fuel gas cutting process (manual cutting).
- Join metals using the resistance welding process.
- Construct Basic Electronic Circuits.
- Install Instrument impulse lines.
- Contribute to project initiation, scope definition and scope change control.
- Participate in the estimation and preparation of cost budget for a project or sub-project and monitor and control actual cost against budget.