Our client is looking for an experienced Group Environmental Specialist to join their team.
Duties and responsibilities:
- To monitor, report, improve and provide oversight of environmental compliance in support of Zero Harm and Sustainability best practices and legal compliance.
- To provide assurance to the Executive Committee, Board and relevant sub-committees, internal and external stakeholders, regarding environmental governance in support of being a leader in Sustainability.
- To formally represent and its businesses to external stakeholders regarding environmental performance in support of a positive corporate reputation.
- To develop, execute and review the Group Sustainability strategy as a member of the Group Sustainability Steering Committee.
- To provide credible input into the Integrated Report and Sustainability Report in support of the corporate reputation and meeting the listed entity requirement and shareholder expectations.
- To compile Environmental Due Diligence Reports for potential acquisitions to support Growth Strategy and pro-actively identify and mitigate business risks and support investment decisions.
- To pro-actively report potential legislative changes and emerging risks to the Group Compliance Officer to incorporate these into the Compliance Universe.
- To monitor, report, improve and provide oversight of Climate Change regulation, risk and governance.
- Support development programmes aligned with relevant selected UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and reported in the Group’s Sustainability Report.
Qualifications and experience:
- Grade 12/ Matric
- Masters Degree in Environmental Management or Chemical/Environmental Engineering
- 8 - 10 years’ experience within an Operations and Manufacturing environment (Chemical or Mining)
- 5 – 10 years in Environmental Management within Operations and Manufacturing environments
- Excellent understanding of Environmental Legislation
- Experience in all fields of Sustainability
- Experience in environmental management systems (ISO 14001, Responsible Care™)
- Experience in environmental reporting standards (CDP, WDP, DJSI, GRI, TCFD)