Leading pharmaceutical company is looking for an experienced Content Manager to join their team at their Johannesburg office. The Content Manager is responsible for building a brand identity and online presence through the creation and dissemination of multimedia content online. This involves developing content strategies, managing a content team, growing an online community, and tracking that community's growth, among other duties.
Duties and responsibilities:
Experience and qualifications:
- You will be responsible for creating, improving and maintaining content to achieve our B2C business goals. Your duties will also include sharing content to raise brand awareness and monitoring web traffic and metrics to identify best practices.
- Experienced professional with demonstrable creative writing skills and multimedia content development. As a Content manager, you should perform well under deadline pressure and be detail-oriented. If you are also an expert in content optimization and brand consistency, we would like to meet you.
- Oversee all marketing content initiatives to ensure customer engagement, brand consistency and a positive customer experience.
- Possess the ability to think both creatively and analytically. Content Manager duties include producing and publishing multimedia content, writing, editing and proofreading, formulating content strategies and managing a content team, among other tasks.
- Content Managers should be comfortable finding creative ways of building an online presence, as well as using analytics in the formulation of a content strategy. Here, content is defined as multimedia articles, blog posts, images or videos that aid in fostering engagement online.
- Develop the content strategy aligned with short-term and long-term marketing targets
- Collaborate with marketing and design teams to plan and develop site content, style and layout
- Create and publish engaging content
- Edit, proofread and improve posts
- Liaise with Marketing to ensure brand consistency
- Collaborate with SEO/SEM specialists to optimize content according to SEO research
- Collaborate with Social Media Marketing Manager to optimize social media content by audience.
- Use content management systems to analyse website traffic and user engagement metrics
- Manage content distribution to online channels and social media platforms to increase web traffic
- Develop content calendar and measure performance against the calendar
- Ensure legal compliance (e.g. copyright and data protection)
- Stay up-to-date with developments and generate new ideas to draw audience’s attention
- Writing, editing and proofreading content.
- Formulating a cross-platform content strategy.
- Brainstorm with team members to develop new ideas.
- Provide editorial, creative and technical support to team members.
- Track web analytics to ascertain content engagement levels.
- Competitor content analysis: Activity and impact
- Content trends analysis and recommendations
- BA/BCom Journalism, media studies, PR or marketing undergraduate or Communications, Journalism, English or related field.
- 5 Years work experience as a Content manager
- Knowledge of SEO and web traffic metrics
- Familiarity with social media platforms and metrics
- Excellent writing and verbal skills in English
- Attention to detail
- Good organizational and time-management skills
- Adept at keyword placement and SEO best practices.
- Proficiency with popular content management systems.
- Experience with social media management.
- Creativity and the ability to develop original content.
- Ability to develop content that provokes engagement.
- Strong leadership qualities.