Our client based in Wadeville is seeking the expertise of a Commercial Manager: Mining Solutions which will be responsible for executing the Strategic Business Sector (SBS) targets. Development of a product group strategy, in the Mining Chemicals and Solutions SBS, choice of suppliers, negotiation of terms and conditions, the closing of contracts, development of annual plans, coordination of marketing support, and evaluation of product/service performance commercially. Education and Minimum Requirements
Supporting the business with emphasis on strong key account management, whilst identifying new customers and securing new business, within the Mining sector across Africa Coordinates sales distribution by establishing sales territories, quotas, goals and establish training programs for the sales team.
The Commercial Manager participates in sales, business development and principal management. The Commercial Manager further analyses market insights gathered by staff to determine sales potential and inventory requirements and monitor the preferences of customers. This role is responsible for the sales of the SBS and fiscal metrics thereof.
- University (First degree) relevant to the SBS of Mining
- A commercial qualification will be an added advantage
- Wide and deep experience providing expert competence (Over 10 years to 15 years)
- Minimum 3-5 years' business experience in the Mining industry
- Deep understanding of principal management, sales, marketing, and business development
- Essential proven experience in delivering sustainable value in large projects
- Strong commercial acumen
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Good selling and negotiation skills (Customer centric)
- Strong financial literacy
- Strong computer literacy
- Good planning, administration, and organizing skills
- Ability to work on own / Work under pressure / Self-motivated / Team player
- Valid code 8 driver’s license
- Managerial experience of planning, managing and organizing resources within short/ medium timescales within the overall policy framework (over 6 years to 10 years)
- Makes sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Develops and delivers multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Builds strong customer relationships and delivers customer-centric solutions.
- Plans and prioritizes work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
- Gains the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
- Interprets and applies key financial indicators to make better business decisions.
- Relates openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people.
- Builds partnerships and works collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Maneuver comfortably through complex policy, process, and people-related organizational dynamics.
- Knows the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Effectively builds formal and informal relationship networks inside and outside the organization.
- Provides direction, delegating, and removing obstacles to get work done.
- Builds strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Holds self and others accountable to meet commitments.
- Consistently achieves results, even under tough circumstances.
- Creates a climate where people are motivated to do their best to help the organization achieve its objectives.
- Rebounds from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations.
- Uses compelling arguments to gain the support and commitment of others.
- Develops people to meet both their career goals and the organization's goals.
- Anticipates and balances the needs of multiple stakeholders.
- Adapts approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations.
- Sees ahead to future possibilities and translates them into breakthrough strategies.
- Applies knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the organization's goals.
- Leadership and Direction: Identify and communicate the actions needed to implement the function's strategy and business plan within the business area or department; explain the relationship to the broader organization's mission, vision and values; motivate people to commit to these and to doing extraordinary things to achieve local business goals.
- Customer Relationship Development / Prospecting: Develop and implement a relationship management plan for strategic, complex potential accounts to build key relationships at local and national levels.
- Sales Opportunities Creation: Develop a personal network of senior managers within the business sector and represent the organization at business sector events.
- Sell Customer Propositions: Lead a cross-functional internal team (for example, technical, commercial, and legal) to configure a complex tailored or bespoke product and services solution and associated contractual terms that meet the customer's mid- to long-term needs at a national/key operating unit level.
- Promoting Customer Focus: Develop internal marketing plans and work collaboratively with other departments to improve internal relationships in a large organization and to build strong external customer relationships.
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Data: Oversee the implementation and maintenance of the customer relationship management system within the area of responsibility, identifying and communicating opportunities for system improvement that may enhance the management of customer relationships.
- Organizational Capability Building: Use the organization's formal development framework to identify the team's individual development needs.
- Business Planning: Contribute to the development of annual and longer-term business plans; forecast performance against business key performance indicators; develop business cases for key activities/projects; and estimate the financial and human resources required to deliver performance targets.
- Budgeting and Costing: Develop and/or deliver budget plans with guidance from senior colleagues.
- Performance Management: Manage and report on performance within the department or area of responsibility; set appropriate performance objectives for direct reports and hold them accountable for achieving these; take appropriate corrective action where necessary to ensure the achievement of annual business objectives.
- Operational Compliance: Monitor and review performance and behaviours within area of responsibility to identify and resolve non-compliance with the organization's policies and relevant regulatory codes and codes of conduct.
- Business Development: Create a business development plan to identify, evaluate, and structure key transactions to ensure continued financial health and maximum value creation through the entire product life cycle.
- Principal Management: Oversee the implementation and maintenance of the principal relationships within the area of responsibility, identifying and communicating opportunities for system improvement that may enhance the management of principal relationships.
Please visit our website at www.boardroom.co.za for more details and to register your C.V.