Our client, a national manufacturing concern, currently seeks a Production Specialist to plan and produce daily and weekly production requirements according to the production plan. The Person:
Key Performance Areas:
- Degree or Diploma in Production Management.
- Min 5 years Manufacturing experience
- Min 2 years Supervisory experience within Manufacturing.
- Monitor production to ensure that there is sufficient chemical mixed to support production.
- Ensure correct start up procedures are complied with and that machinery is in good running order at all times.
- Monitor and collate the achievement of daily production targets.
- Assist the Logistics Specialist in production planning, machinery capacity planning and training needs planning and convey to the Operators.
- Ensure that both production cells have the machines calibrated weekly or as specified.
- Ensure safe working conditions and the application of safe working practices in all areas of the department.
- Assist the Plant Manager with specific projects.
- Assist the Quality Assurance Engineer in performing Process Capability studies, FMEAs and new product FMEAs.
- First-Off Production parts monitored in conjunction with the Quality Assurance dept.
- Monitor work performance plan and correct deviations.
- Monitor labour costs against sales achieved.
- Responsible for reporting any faults on machinery to the Plant Manager.
- Responsible for the quality of production. Where there are any quality problems, utilises previous experience as well as the technical expertise of the quality/control department and process engineering to resolve problems.
- Responsible for displaying the latest level of work instruction sheets .
- Resolve critical areas in production flow with the assistance of the Plant Manager.
- Comply with all statutory requirements.
- Attend all meetings and training courses as requested.
- Ensure all lockout procedures are followed.
- Ensure planned maintenance schedules are adhered to.
- Monitor continuous improvements and make suggestions to maximise production output.
- Ensure Factory complies to the requirements of ISO9001/ IATF16949.
- Train labour to be multi-skilled and keep a record of levels achieved.
- Staff management of sub-contractors.
- Ensure that the men, machinery and materials are available and efficiently utilised.
- Ensure that there is sufficient chemical mixed to complete the daily production plan and that the machinery is properly maintained.
- First- off checks must be performed on all parts on a daily basis.
- Ensure that downtime is kept to below 5% of total machine hours and ensure actions are submitted on how to reduce lost time per shift.
- Carry out daily audits of the production areas (housekeeping, PPE inspections, emergency equipment, etc.)
- Ensure overtime is kept to a minimum and that all overtime is approved before production is carried out.
- Ensure daily productions meetings are held – ensuring correct documentation is utilised – absenteeism, leave, shift handover info, targets and achievements, action list with core problems identified etc.)
- Ensure all production data is collated daily (cycles, scrap, downtime) and sent to Plant Manager.