Our client based in Port Elizabeth is looking for a Millwright to perform electrical and mechanical engineering inspections, repairs and maintenance work on equipment, assets and other infrastructure to minimise and prevent failures / breakdowns on production operations
- Grade 12 Certificate (NQF 4)
- Trade Test: Millwright (NQF 5)
- Up to 3 years’ technical and electrical maintenance experience as a Millwright in a manufacturing environment
- Diagnoses root cause of equipment failure and executes plan / takes action to rectify failure by performing repairs in a speedy manner
- Ensures minimal equipment downtime and damage by repairing electrical and mechanical faults / defects / failures as speedily as possible
- Ensures optimal equipment operation by the application of relevant technical and engineering standard, as well as by obtaining manufacturing process approval of equipment's operating condition
- Ensures that all maintenance job cards raised are closed out on completion of work performed (Shop Ware)
- Supports and liaises with Production by identifying potential problems in a proactive manner as well as resolving process-related problems and planned maintenance to production runs.
- Provides relevant reports to the Maintenance Supervisor on maintenance repairs performed; Production support performed; downtime recorded and ensures paper trail is up to date
- Assists with training of Apprentices
- Prepares training machines for Apprentices to ensure successful corrective equipment training
- Operates within controls and procedures in order to ensure the integrity of the Company
- Reports risks or areas of concern to management within area of responsibility
- Promotes compliance with all relevant regulations and procedures to prevent fruitless, wasteful and irregular expenditure
- Perform “first off" inspection (daily check sheets) on all process changes to determine exact state of equipment
- Perform routine mechanical and electrical inspections (predictive and planned) to detect possible equipment failures. Make diagnosis and perform the necessary maintenance work
- Communicates with Supervisors / Production to arrange maintenance time.
- Coordinates availability of parts in order to perform / execute mechanical and electrical maintenance routines
- Compile written report to Maintenance Supervisor on ‘out of the ordinary’ conditions.
- Supports the effective and transparent use of financial and other resources.
- Limits expenditure, reduces costs and ensures deviations from budgetary limits are reported to direct Manager
- Maintains effective working relationships with employees and customers to render highest quality of services
- Identifies and solves problems whilst demonstrating a high level of integrity in line with Company’s core values
Visit www.boardroom.co.za for more information