A great job opportunity has opened up in Namibia and is seeking the expertise of a Civil Engineer responsible for discipline specific responsibilities in detail Engineering design, procurement and construction of the project, by way of planning and conducting independent work requiring judgment in the evaluation, selection, application and adaptation of engineering techniques, procedures and criteria. Education and Minimum Requirements
- BTech or B. Eng. Civil Engineering
- Program in Management Development or equivalent
- Project Management qualification in addition to the above
- Registration with the Engineering Council of Namibia
- 4 years of experience with advance knowledge in civil engineering
- Previous design and project experience would be an advantage
Please visit our website at www.boardroom.co.za for more details and to register your C.V.
- Manage all discipline specific responsibilities in detail Engineering Design, Procurement and Construction of the project.
- Devise new approaches to problems, and prepare or modify drawings, specifications, calculations, charts and graphs, and monitor work for compliance to applicable codes, accepted engineering practices and Skorpion zinc standards.
- Focus on safety, schedule and quality aspects of the project and provide guidance the contractor.
- Coordinate work with other disciplines such as, mechanical, electrical and metallurgical.
- Develop probable construction cost estimates for the projects within the department.
- Review drawings and progress consistently.
- Perform structural design and analysis calculations using governing codes and standards, engineering formulas, skills, and experience.
- Oversee and manage discipline related basic and detail engineering activities by technology suppliers and engineering companies.
- Manage technical discussion and queries by vendors.
- Provide discipline input into the sourcing, supply, fabrication, shipping, construction and commissioning activities of the project
- Manage and ensure subordinate development
- Maintain appropriate SHEQ / ISO / Safety Way standards within area of operation.
- Promote and manage the company / Group SHEQ policies and standards by ensuring compliance by colleagues and or clients alike.
- Participate actively in SHEQ meetings and audits and report deviations accordingly.
- Assume responsibility for risk assessment, including hazard and operability (HAZOP) studies, for the health and safety of both company staff and the wider community