Our Durban-based client is seeking a Digital Marketer – Affiliate Specialist to join their team. The individual will be the day-to-day contact for a portfolio of clients, and will be responsible for developing and executing recruitment and optimization strategies on behalf of the brand, as well as using industry insight to create and deliver operational and strategic initiatives to grow the affiliate database. In addition, the job involves affiliate optimization and recruitment, account administration, outcome reporting, the development of strong affiliate partnerships, and lead generation.
- Diploma/Degree in Marketing/Digital Marketing/Communications or related.
- 2 - 3 years experience in a Digital Marketing role or Industry (Affiliate experience preferred).
- 2-3 years of negotiating skills within a Sales Environment.
- 2 years sales / lead generation experience.
- Recruit, manage and develop affiliate relationships on behalf of the client, communicating expectations, sharing best practices, disseminating offers and promotions, and providing account updates to all affiliates.
- Identify new sources of revenue on behalf of the client by extending reach through new affiliate relationships or optimizing affiliate marketing campaign strategies.
- Identify opportunities to better optimize campaign results by interpreting standard and custom reports.
- Work cross-functionally with internal teams on a variety of projects.
- Work with Affiliate software provider and inhouse development team to troubleshoot complex data transfer issues and other technical items.
- Provide daily support to team members and affiliates.
- Daily account checks.
- Weekly/Monthly reporting.
- Respond to incoming calls and emails and relay messages.
- Understand and manage the month-end reporting system.
- Provide support for ad hoc administrative and reporting tasks and be able to prioritize these effectively.
- Attend industry events when required and network with clients.
- Deeply understand the brand and business objectives.
- Think strategically and deliver clear recommendations.
- Report back internally on execution of strategy against measures.
- Help develop accurate account budget forecasts, foster, and grow revenue.
- Develop and monitor ROI and KPIs.
- Drive the delivery/execution of all campaigns accurately and on time on various channels.
- Delivering quality work, on time and according to instructions.
- Ensure you are up to date on all news and trending topics related to the business and industry.
- Ability to manage a portfolio of accounts.
- Work to improve our brand presence.