INTERNAL/EXTERNAL ADVERT (REF03/02/2021)
From: The Human Resource Manager
Position: Professional Nurse
Start Date: ASAP
Central Gauteng Mental Health Society seeks to appoint a volunteer Nurse to be based at our residential facility (Gordonia) in Johannesburg. Gordonia provides care and rehabilitation services to adults with psychosocial disabilities.
NB. Retired nurses are also welcomed.
• Assist with assessment of new admissions.
• Issuing/administering medication.
• Ensure patients comply with prescribed medication.
• Liaise with external health care providers in terms of health of the beneficiaries.
• Building good relationship with mental health care users and also offers support.
• Monitoring progress
• Also working with other multi-disciplinary team to address patients’ health concerns.
• Assessing treatment success at case conferences and meetings
• Writing and updating patient records
• Encouraging patients to take part in therapeutic activities.
• A Diploma or Degree in Nursing
• Also registration with the relevant council is preferred.
• Min of 2 year experience will be required.
• Background knowledge in the mental health sector will serve as an advantage.
To apply, send an application letter, CV and certified ID copy and relevant qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12h00 on the 21st February 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.