HR Manager (JB1805)
R30 000.00 R 40 000.00
Benefits: Medical aid, Provident Fund, Group Life Cover
The overall management and development of all aspects of HR and Talent Management for the company, including:
Recruitment and Selection
Learning and Development
Management of the HR department
Compensation and Benefits positioning
- Degree in Human Resource Management
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in HR
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in an HR Manager role
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with all payroll related matters and decisions.
- Ensure that all personnel members understand the company policies and procedures and ensure that all staff adhere to these policies and procedures.
- Assist with general HR queries and resolve them.
- Ensure that all policies, procedures and documents relevant to your area of work are up to date.
- Ensure that all departments and branches are aware of any employment changes in statutory regulations and changing legislation.
- Ensure that all employment conditions are in accordance with the Basic Conditions of Employment Act.
- Ensure that succession plans are implemented for all major stakeholders.
- Ensure induction programme is conducted and maintained.
- Ensure ACFE membership is maintained yearly.
- Approve Organogram.
- Ensure medicals are arranged and manage overall procedure
- Ensure that CPI comply with statutory requirements and tenders such as ACFE and new legislations, mandatory grands, EEA, PSIRA.
- Do a comprehensive investigation on any disciplinary matters of executive staff and advise accordingly.
- Advise and create verbal, written and final written warnings for all executive staff.
- Create notices to attend a disciplinary hearing for all executive staff.
- Attend and facilitate all CCMA hearings for executive staff.
- Ensure that all policies, procedures, documents are updated.
- Complete internal audit questionnaire and submit timeously together with the input of the team.
- Attend Internal and External Audits and attend meetings as required.
- Discuss with team at meetings and on-on-one sessions: risks, opportunities for improvement, training needs, ISO Policy, HR Objectives
Collective Agreement (NBCPSS):
- A schedule of employees must be sent to NBCPSS on the 8th of every month.
- Liaise with Financial Manager to receive the proper list.
- The payment must be made to the bargaining council by the 10th of each month
- Submit COVID positive reports and Return to Work spreadsheets on the Government portal every Tuesday of each week when positive cases are reported, or employees return to work each month
- Handle all grievances that are escalated to HR.
- Attend and follow the grievance process until a conclusion is made
Oversee Unions and Employee Organization:
- Ensure and oversee continuous communication between CPI and unions.
- Manage and authorize paid time off.
Oversee Recruitment and Appointment:
- Approve any new recruitment need by referring to the need, salary structure and budgets.
- Compile and advise on salary structures.
- Approve job profiles and job descriptions.
- Ensure that all employment contracts comply with company policies as well as statutory and legislative requirements.
- Approve and or create the offer of employment as well as employment- contracts and renewals
- Organize and manage all training, both in-service and external, that is required.
- Create and update the training needs spread sheet monthly.
- Approve and/or submit WSP and ATR submissions
- Facilitate the Employment Equity plan implementation process.
- Approve and submit annual EEA2 and EEA4 report.
- Create and update the Employment Equity plan.
- Serve as the EE Representative for the company.
- Arrange Employment Equity Forum meetings as agreed upon
Promotions and Transfers:
- Implement and update a promotion procedure.
- Determine the possibility to accommodate the promotion or transfer and provide feedback to the applicant.
- Ensure that all relevant parties are informed in writing of promotions or transfers
Broad Based Black Economic Empowerment (BBBEE) and Tenders:
- Gather and assist with all BBBEE information relating to Employment Equity and for training purposes.
- Manage all programs conducted to reach agreed upon BBBEE goals.
- Manage all documentation needed for tender purposes from the HR department.
- Ensure the YES4Youth program is activated in time on a yearly basis
- Manage the day-to-day activities of subordinates, this involves training and guidance daily.
- Create short- and long-term planning for the Human Resources department.
- Evaluate the performance of subordinates according to the implemented system
- Create a performance evaluation system to measure the performance of all employees.
- Ensure the effective implementation of performance appraisals.
- Compile training needs from Performance Appraisals
Employee Wellness Program:
- Develop, implement, and manage the Employee Wellness Program.
- Create awareness of the existence and the benefits of the Employee Wellness Program
- Should a YES4Youth member terminate the employment contract a replacement must be sourced within a period of 1 month.
- Ensure all terminations comply with company rules and policies as well as legal requirements.
- Ensure that Exec. Provident fund documents are completed and submitted for withdrawal.
- Ensure that Exec. Staff are aware of Medical Aid withdrawal options
Kontak Recruitment, a Recruitment Agency & one of the leading personnel & recruitment agencies in Johannesburg South Africa. Trusted employment and staffing agencies, recruiting top staff & personnel for companies hiring throughout the employment spectrum. Permanent and contract placements agency. Professional & Reliable Recruitment Services. Hire certified Staff for entry level to executive placements and view available vacancies near you at our job agencies.