Our client, a company that provide various HR Solutions is looking for a Senior Infrastructure Engineer.
The Infrastructure engineer is responsible to help build out, maintain and troubleshoot the company's rapidly expanding infrastructure.
You will be part of a talented team of engineers that demonstrate superb technical competency, delivering mission-critical infrastructure and ensuring the highest levels of availability, performance, and security within the business
- Experience working in a complex infrastructure environment
- Windows Deployment experience
- Experience of working in a best practice environment (ITIL), under strict change management processes
- Ability to understand log files and identify problems.
- Able to work under pressure and to challenging timescales
- Able to isolate, take ownership of and resolve performance problems
- Able to provide technical expertise on varied projects, designing and implementing quality solutions to business challenges from customer requirements.
- Ability to be self-sufficient and make independent decisions on problem resolution that align to departmental and functional strategy
- Degree in IT related domain
- Propensity to Own: The habit of taking ownership of a task. When faced with a challenge, the individual steps up to such a challenge by working towards a positive outcome as a result of self-working on the activities.
- To Simplify: A strong tendency in breaking complex scenarios down to linear challenges that can easily be resolved. It can also be described as the habit of taking the easy route towards solving complex challenges.
- Responsiveness: The habit of acting immediately and quickly is important for success in this job.
- Frustration Handling: Frustration occurs when the individual is obstructed from reaching his/her goal. A strong habit in dealing with obstructing sources/interferences in such a way that positive actions towards successful results are taken is required.
- Routine: A well-defined habit towards structure and repetition, sometimes even mundane activities is required. Strong behaviour in harmony with an environment of repetition and patterns of sameness needs to be present.
- Proficiency with network hardware and technologies.
- Proficiency with shared storage technologies.
- Proficiency with Microsoft operating systems.
- Extensive knowledge of data privacy laws.
- Precise attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize tasks.
- Advanced organizational skills.
- Analytical skills.
- Reports to Infrastructure Manager
- No Direct Reports
- Works closely with employees
- Managing, configuring and monitoring all installed systems and infrastructure
- TomCat and VM application server management.
- Installing, configuring, testing, and maintaining operating systems application software and system management tools
- Ensuring the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Proactively provide technological innovation by researching new/current technologies and considering the application within the function
- Formulate policies, procedures, and directives to govern the IT environment
- Develop and evolve IT Target Operating Model (Channels, Services, Enterprise Architecture, Information architecture, processes, structure) in line with business plans
- Ensure robust application, infrastructure, and network security with tight control over access management and effective tracking of changelogs
- Establish and implement a disaster recovery
- Ensure IT environment has sufficient capacity in line with business forecasted requirements
- Oversee the management of all IT projects
- Assisting in incident resolution and root cause analysis
- Cloud management and monitoring(Azure beneficial).
- New environment creation within the cloud environment.
- DevOps insights on best practices and process gaps.
- Developing the infrastructure
- The post-holder will be proactive in developing and maintaining their technical awareness, researching industry developments, and where appropriate, making recommendations for improvement, and will represent technical leadership in their specialist field to ensure performing and available IT services.
- Building the infrastructure
- The Infrastructure Engineer is typically involved in supporting large/medium scale projects and managing small projects through its lifecycle.
- As required, lead on early life support, providing documentation and targeted training to support engineers and facilitating a smooth transition to production.
- Maintaining the infrastructure
- Advise and specify preventive maintenance and administration tasks to monitor and alert, patch and maintain, and backup and recover key business systems.
- Supporting the infrastructure
- A proportion of time is spent providing 3rd line technical support through management of escalated technical issues through strong working relationships within Digital Services and with third party providers.
- Ad-hoc duties as required.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Should you not hear from us after 30 days you may consider your application unsuccessful
- In keeping with our client’s employment equity requirements, only South African citizens will be considered.
- Please include your current salary and salary expectations.