The Research Analyst is responsible for advancing the Jobs Fund Knowledge Agenda through targeted research and in-depth big data analysis to inform fund design and evidence-based policy making.
This will entail: 1)
Developing a comprehensive understanding of the organization, its strategy, its projects and where it is located within South Africa’s development landscape;
2) Conducting in-depth analyses of Jobs Fund performance data and extracting useful insights for
3) Using knowledge of South Africa’s economy and political climate in the interpretation of job creation and social
4) Producing well thought-out feedback reports and articles that are tailored to different audiences;
5) Working largely independently and ensuring analytics targets are reached; 6) Extracting key learnings on supported financial models and assessing the impact of these models on the success or failure of the project or elements thereof; and
7) Providing strategic advice, and support to the office of the Deputy Director General Employment Facilitation and the Jobs Fund Business Units.
• Post graduate qualification in Economics, Labour Market/Development Economics or in a related/relevant field.
• Training or certification in statistics and quantitative measurements
• At least 6 years’ experience working as an Economist/Analyst.
• At least 6 years’ experience in conducting empirical research.
• At least 6 years’ experience in a programme management environment.
• Experience in performing high-level analyses of the labour market, economic sectors and financial impact investing
• Experience in project evaluation.
• Experience in research and evaluation of donor funded projects.
• Experience policy analysis and policy writing.
• Experience of Donor Communities and Development of Enterprise Standards.
• Experience in the preparation of strategic reports for different audiences, i.e., technical, management, government, donors, media and other stakeholders.
• Experience in application of leading qualitative and quantitative data collection, analysis and reporting tools.
• Experience in managing projects with multiple stakeholders.
• Experience in publishing research papers.
You have successfully created your alert.
You will receive an email when a new job matching your criteria is posted.
Your account has not been verified. Please use the verification link sent via email.Resend Verification Link