Head of Network Operations Centre
Location: Century City, Cape Town
Our client is proud to offer industry leading Customer Service, Risk/Fraud and Tech Development services to our international client base. Their expertise lies in delivering world class multilingual customer support 24/7, maintaining strict Risk/Fraud processes and developing state of the art technological designs and features. They hire experienced top talent people which enables them to offer exceptional business services, while enjoying a “work hard play hard” engaged environment.
Purpose of the Role
We are looking for a Head of NOC. The role involves hiring, managing, and training a team of NOC
operators working closely with Incident Managers and SRE and assisting Head of IT to help maintain
and support operations 24/7.
Key areas of responsibilities include
- Hire, develop, and retain highly responsive focused engineers to ensure the effective operation of the department.
- Evaluate technical skills of the team to ensure the is an appropriate level of expertise.
- Take responsibility for the day-to-day operation of the team, providing overall guidance and supervision.
- Develop and own the processes and procedures used by the team, based on best practice for the business and industry.
- Ensure that up-to-date technical documentation exists for process, procedures, troubleshooting and run books for the team.
- Implement and improve processes for monitoring/alerting, systems maintenance, and escalation.
- Develop key dashboards for transparency of reporting uptime and other metrics as identified.
- Handle escalations and manage support from different levels.
- Ensure NOC team have the right tools and access required to troubleshoot and resolve incidents. Working closely with SRE to build the tooling where required.
- Work with other teams to ensure that the tooling and processes around monitoring are fit for purpose.
- Managing Operators rosters ensuring we have 24/7 coverage.
- Help with the standardization and automation of monitoring across multiple environments.
- Conduct team reviews and be responsible for personal and career development of team members.
The ideal candidate for this role
- Prior experience in working in a 24/7/365 Network Operations Centre
- Experience of monitoring tools. DataDog runs all our monitoring.
- Skills working with both the cloud and physical datacentres
- Experience working with tools to help set up and manage on-call rotations and escalation. We use OpsGenie
- Understanding of metrics, logs and how to cross-relate them
- Excellent leadership qualities and demonstrated history of successfully leading teams
- Excellent skills in developing processes and procedures for client & In-house team
- Excellent oral communication skills, writing and presentation skills
- Able to analyze problems, issues & needs and provide robust but adaptable solutions which meet current and future requirements
- Capable of working under pressure/using own initiative with minimal supervision
- Team player, who contributes ideas and suggestions for imp
How we approach things
- Medium sized company with a start-up culture and a can-do ethos
- We focus on getting stuff done, not on management hierarchy
- Open-door policy across all levels and departments
- Inclusive environment with staff from all around the world
What we offer
- Training on the job
- Opportunity to progress within the company, not limited to one department or team
- Hardware allowance to make sure you have all the right tools to get the job done