CORE PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To Manage all aspects of student applications, admissions and effective delivery of customer service to both on-campus and off-campus accommodation services thus portraying a positive image of the Student Housing Department.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Assumes primary responsibility in developing, executing, and managing housing operations and residential admissions and placements.
- Direct, manage and take responsibility for the provision of information and appropriately address requests from all stakeholders and customers to Student Housing Administration.
- Ensures any student service issues are effectively managed to a successful resolution, providing a clear and customer-focused summary of the issue resolution to all relevant staff, and if appropriate to any external parties
- Provide outstanding leadership in the planning and administration of processes related to new student applications and admissions into residences.
- Leads an assigned team by example and through motivation, training and development, performance management and feedback, while fostering teamwork, morale, and professionalism.
- Maintains accurate database records regarding accommodation placements and pending requests.
- Update and maintain a database of accredited Off-Campus accommodation.
- To liaise with off-campus student accommodation providers on issues related to applicable legislative requirements on the provision of student accommodation.
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of policy development and analysing the intended and unintended consequences of policy decisions.
- Development, implementation and assessment of strategic plans and outcomes to strengthen housing and residence life operations.
- Must possess the ability to effectively communicate and convey a professional image to prospective students, internal and external stakeholders.
- The Senior Manager: Residence Admissions, Records and Customer Relations will be evaluated based on (a) ability of individual and team to meet established performance standards (benchmarks); (b) ability to produce monthly & quarterly team reports on time and accurately (c) ability to coach, train and use coaching tools provided; (d) ability to work effectively in leading a team, both within and across the various and relevant University departments; (e) student retention; (f) and attitude and enthusiasm.
- At least 5 years' experience in which competency has been gained within a student housing environment or experience in management of admissions and placements, more especially online admissions experience.
- Ability to perform all interactions with the highest level of customer service and professionalism.
- Ability to communicate in written and oral formats using standard admissions terms.
- Capable of accomplishina multiple tasks within specific periods of time.
- Self starter with outstanding problem solving and analytical skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite products and Internet.
- M+3 academic qualification in Social Sciences and Public Management.
No applicant would be allowed to apply and/or would be accepted after the closing date (20 May 2022).
Nelson Mandela University reserves the right not to make an appointment. In considering candidates for appointment into the advertised posts, preference will be accorded to persons from a designated group in accordance with the approved Nelson Mandela University Employment Equity Plan.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION e.g. contact person and telephone number, e-mail; etc. must be displayed on CV.
Applications must be accompanied by a cover page on which applicants explain how they meet the requirements of the post.
Nelson Mandela University
University Way Summerstrand
To be a dynamic African university, recognised for its leadership in generating cutting-edge knowledge for a sustainable future.
To offer a diverse range of quality educational opportunities that will make a critical and constructive contribution to regional, national and global sustainability.
Respect for diversity,Excellence,Ubuntu,Integrity,Respect for the natural environment,Taking responsibility