New high school is looking for an experienced leader for a private school in Mpumalanga
IEB from Grade 10 - Grade 12.
- At least 5+ years’ experience at SMT Level in a school and 5+ years of teaching experience
- Experience with a combined school Gr R - 12 preferred
- A strong community leader
- Afrikaans as a 1st language advantageous
- Have the ability to think strategically , be detail-oriented and conscientious
- Minimum requirement is a recognised degree and/or a B.Ed (FET Phase)
- Postgrad qualification advantageous
- Demonstrated success in implementing educational best practices
- Registered at SACE
- Up to date police clearance
Key performance areas:
- Lead the daily operation of the school, and support all members of the community in meeting the mission, vision and instructional model of the school
- Proficiency in school and people management, and an in-depth understanding of education policies, systems and processes
- Improve staffs’ performance through coaching, building strong relationships and implementing creative training sessions
- Commit to ongoing personal and professional development to enhance the leadership of the school
- Critically evaluate academic progress and implement interventions along
- Monitor the quality of teaching and learning to ensure that it is child-centred, relevant and fully reflective of the school’s core values.
- Assist the school in developing a school environment which is supportive of learning and high achievement among the students.
- Be able to along with the Finance team ensure costs are contained, the school falls within budget and responsible procurement takes place
- A fair, consistent manager of people, who is adept at building relationships and with a track record in staff development
- Capability in, and commitment to, promoting the all-round growth and development of children