Salary range and position information:
- R1.5 to R1.8m annually (CTC).
- 80% fractional post (Negotiable)
- Annual leave: 20 days per annum.
Essential qualifications and experience for position:
- PhD in an economics, innovation, management, technology, engineering, or manufacturing related discipline. Client will consider PdD (WIP)
- Minimum five years of management experience leading an academic department or a related institution
- Substantial manufacturing experience in South Africa and internationally
- Academic publication, teaching and supervision record that would qualify the person to be appointed as an Associate Professor or Professor in a leading South African university
- Manage staff to ensure effective service delivery across core functional areas
- Report into and take direction from:
- a) The appointed trustees
- b) The Advisory Board
- c) The Dean of the Academic Institution in terms of course marketing, and delivery
- Ensure the Business School’s academic standards on all courses are maintained
- Teach at least one MBA elective
- Teach at least one Executive Short Course
- Initiate and lead a set of annual public seminars on manufacturing
- Supervise selection of MBA dissertations
- Build a niche PhD programme
- Present at a minimum of one international conference annually
If you have not received any feedback from us within 5 working days please consider your application unsuccessful.
**By sending your CV along with other additional documents you give consent to HWR to process and retain your personal information for the current opportunity as well as for future opportunities**