How does working at a University that has been ranked as the No.1 public university in Africa and is currently ranked within the top 10% of universities internationally, sound to you?
What does free education for you and seriously discounted rates for your direct family sound? Sound good? The read on!
They are looking for a SENIOR TECHNICAL SPECIALIST INFRASTRUCTURE ACHITECT: COMPUTE & STORAGE
The annual remuneration package, including benefits, is between R906 943 to R1 066 991 per annum.
Are you experienced in providing highly specialized technical support for business-critical services and/or infrastructure and have project management experience in a progressive ICT environment, with a strong customer focus and a demonstrable track record of innovative thinking, project-based delivery and productive interactions across multiple teams?
The Enterprise Infrastructure and Services division seeks to develop infrastructure and services through project work, design, maintain and manage complete systems, support ICT systems, services and infrastructure and provide technical leadership in a complex and heterogeneous systems and infrastructure environment. This is a role which plays a critical part in ensuring that UCT derives value from its investment in IT infrastructure and reports to a senior manager.
- Providing highly specialized technical support for business-critical services, systems and/or infrastructure
- Designing, maintaining, managing and developing one or more business-critical ICT systems and/or infrastructure service components
- Responsible developing and implementing infrastructure, systems and services through project work
- Provides technical leadership for one or more systems and/or infrastructure service components
- The Senior Technical Specialist reports to a Senior Manager
Minimum requirements include:
- Relevant qualification at NQF level 7 and 10 years’ experience in enterprise ICT infrastructure of which 5 years must be relevant current technical hands on experience
Required non-technical skills include:
- Ability to prioritize and manage work under pressure
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- A strong customer service ethic
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Analysis and problem-solving ability
- Experience in implementing and consulting on infrastructure projects
- Architecting and drafting solutions for enterprise infrastructure services
- Understanding of digital transformation and using technology for change
Required Technical skills and competencies
- Expert in large scale enterprise storage system administration, support, design and implementation
- Expert Linux operating system knowledge at advanced administration level
- Expert knowledge of data archival and backup systems implementation and support – strong VEEAM and Networker experience is preferred
- Proven expertise in various mechanisms for presenting storage to application environments
- Demonstrated experience implementing and managing complex file transfer and storage mechanisms, eg. File, Block and Object based storage
- Expertise in enterprise storage hardware, architectures and associated software
- Proven Experience administering systems and applications on virtualized platforms, including private/public cloud environments (VMware, Hyper-V, AWS, Azure)
- Experience in Cloud migration and adoption projects – Azure, AWS
- Experience in Cloud storage protocols such as S3
- Expert in administration of physical and virtual infrastructure hosts in complex heterogeneous environments
- Solid knowledge of network infrastructure services eg. DNS, DHCP and various networking protocols
- Solid knowledge of containerization technology eg. Kubernetes, Docker
- Proven project management skills
Relevant technology certifications and/or a qualification at NQF 8 and/or relevant experience in Higher Education is advantageous