Our client, a company in the agricultural industry situated in Stellenbosch, is looking for a Technical Assistant / Applicator to join their team.
Ensure the production process runs efficiently and that quality work is delivered to the clients. Ensure team is motivated to deliver efficient and quality work.
- Select and brief team on which product (i.e., cylinder, plastic, etc.) and equipment (i.e., shovels, brackets, PPE, toolbox, etc.) to be loaded based on the operational plan for the day and ensure everything is correctly loaded and properly tied on the vehicle and tractor.
- Complete the checklist and related activities to ensure adherence to the company’s operating procedure and national legislation in respect to Transporting of Dangerous Goods.
- Ensure loading and set-up of product and equipment on tractor as well as testing that everything works correctly before starting with work.
- Driving tractor and operating production equipment.
- Continuous communication with team to ensure production is going according to plan.
- Fix small breakages in equipment as quick as possible to limit down-time.
- Report large breakages in equipment immediately to limit down-time.
- Ensure product and equipment is packed up and work area is tidy at the client once done.
- Ensure equipment and product is offloaded at the workshop and put away on its designate area.
- Engage, communicate, and build relationship with clients so that their needs are understood, and they are updated on the production progress.
- Communicate with Assistant Operations Manager / Branch Manager / Operations Manager or Managing Director about the correct rate of fumigation, gas / plastic usages, hectare coverage at client, etc.
- Motivated and oversee the work of the team to ensure they work efficiently and at good quality at all times.
- Assist the Assistant Operations Manager / Branch Manager with any other duties during a day’s work.
- Maintenance and cleaning of workshop, tractor and implements.
- Understand and adhere to the company’s operating procedure as well as Health and Safety procedures and ensure the team adheres to these.
- Support with production process, including transporting of teams, driving tractor and operating production equipment, fixing small breakages, etc.
- Continuous communication and up-dates to Operations Manager and clients.
- Any other reasonable task required by company.
- Continuous maintenance and service of equipment, tools, and vehicles, including proactive checking and servicing.
- Identify and implement cost saving initiatives.
- Record keeping of expenses according to company procedures.
- Code 10 driver’s license.
- Minimum of 2 years’ previous experience in Agriculture or relevant field and managing teams.
- Dangerous Goods Driver’s license.
- Tractor operator license.
- English or Afrikaans literacy.
- Good physical health.
- Previous experience in working with gas or operating a tractor.
- Attention to detail.
- Sense of responsibility.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Own transport.
- Previous experience managing a team (advantageous).
- PCO license (advantageous).
- Code 10 driver’s license (advantageous).
- This role reports to the Assistant Operations Manager / Branch Manager / Operations Manager.
- Travel will be required from time to time.
Area: Stellenbosch and surrounding area.
Starting date: As soon as possible.
Salary package: R15 000 – R20 000 per month.
Please apply online if you meet the above-mentioned requirements.
Please consider your application as unsuccessful if you have not been contacted within 4 weeks.