Our client in the Fishing industry is currently looking to employ an Accountant for their company based in St Francis Bay.
- Grade 12/ Matric.
- Bcom or Diploma in Accounting
- At least 10 years accounting experience (in Fishing industry preferable) from a FMCG background (Fast moving consumer packaged goods).
- Logical thinker.
- Be able to handle Stress.
- Flexible and resilient.
- Problem solver.
- Positive attitude.
- Be able to work in an accurate manner.
- Be able to work within a large team.
- Deadline driven.
- Be able to priorities with tight deadlines.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversea a team of two – bookkeeper and creditor.
- Ensure cashbooks are up to date daily.
- Be able to check complex creditor recons.
- Be able to check costing of invoices to correct department codes.
- Understand VAT and submit VAT on efiling.
- Understand T accounts debits and credits.
- Understand forex and how it is accounted for in the books.
- Be able to run complex cashflow twice monthly.
- Understand stock.
- Strong in accruals for matching of income and expenses on exports.
- Pastel – strong in excel formulas etc.
If you are not contacted within two weeks of applying, please consider your application unsuccessful.