Our client, a FMCG giant, currently seeks a Group Environmental Manager. Reporting to the Group SHERQ Head, you will be responsible for holding the Group accountable to the highest environmental standards. Minimum Job Requirements:
Key Performance Areas:
- Bachelors’ degree in Environmental Sciences or equivalent in Engineering or Scientific fields.
- Min 5 years’ experience as an HOD/HOS for SHERQ/Risk Management.
- Experience in Environmental Management Systems.
- Experience within the agriculture industry advantageous.
- Understanding of environmental requirements in African Markets would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of environmental legal requirements.
- Define Environmental standards and process requirements.
- Contribute to development of the medium and long term SHERQ strategy, as it pertains to the Environment.
- Identify best practices in environmental management and sustainable development.
- Ensure the integration of Environmental standards into SHERQ Management Systems.
- Contribute to technical reviews across the Group.
- Input into processes, interventions and programmes. Determine and address environmental risk across the Group (i.e. carbon emissions, air emissions, waste management, water / energy conservation, etc.), plus implement necessary processes.
- Investigate new technologies to improve the company's Environmental Risk performance.
- Create and maintain internal and external communication structures for issue resolution relating to environmental impacts.
- Engage with external stakeholders on environmental issues
- Ensure alignment of internal processes with legislation.
- Promote and adhere to company SHERQ procedure, policy and guidelines.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong ability to verbalise ideas easily, build strong relationships, coach and influence.
- Confidence and credibility to engage with and influence stakeholders at all levels.
- Ability to work well within a team.
- Willingness to travel into all areas of operation, within and outside South Africa.