Our client based in Kenya is one of the leading exporters of premium & prepared vegetables and the largest commercial grower and exporter of chilies from Kenya, seeks to hire a Pack House Manager responsible for Planning and maintaining all packhouse activities and processing operations complying with principles of ethics, observing safety and integrity.
- 1. Labour:
- Manage and implement a quality and production team.
- Labour management (the team consists of people working in receiving, packing, quality control, dispatch, refrigeration, logistics, and packaging material as the main activities).
- Meet production plans by managing line packers' work schedules.
- Liaise with HR and management for labor requirements and ensure that all teams are capable and have received the required training.
- Manage labor administration including leave cycles, work attendance, overtime, and disciplinary cases.
- Establishing and maintaining team building & communication within the packhouse.
- 2. Planning and Production:
- Pre-planning and production organizing with the commercial team, ensuring all targets and budgets are met.
- Logistics relating to packing material, lugs, haulage movements, amongst others.
- Yield Information and Packaging Control. Consumption control of all consumables on the packhouse floor.
- Responsible for coordination of raw material, utilization, dumping and record keeping.
- In-depth understanding of customer specifications and adhere to these specifications at all times.
- Communicating challenges and shortfalls directly to the Commercial department without fail.
- Claims to be followed and corrective action to be put in place where needed.
- Ensure ripening procedures are followed and monitored during the ripening process, with an in-depth understanding of temperature control and ripening procedures.
- Continuous strive to improve productivity and process flows with quality as a priority.
- Intake quality from out-growers closely monitored. Following fixed guidelines when accepting a delivery with a proper paper trail of producer, variety, intake temperatures, and overall quality assessment.
- Cold chain protocols strictly observed.
- 3. Site management:
- Coordinating of Audits.
- Maintenance of all equipment relating to post-harvest. A clear maintenance program must be in place.
- Health and Safety are maintained at all times.
- Keeping stocks of equipment, crates, and staff uniforms and ensure that proper controls and utilization is observed.
- Coordinating all preparations for supermarket audits and customer visits along with the Technical Manager.