Maintenance Engineering Manager (GCC – Factories /(GMR2.1), Ermelo, RNeg + Benefits
- Degree / Diploma Engineering + GCC Factories
- Appointed GMR 2.1 – Competent
- Extensive Electrical & Mechanical Plant equipment experience
- Min of 8 years exp in Supervisory role
- High level of commitment to accuracy and quality
- Attention to detail
- Initiative, energy and drive
- Service oriented individual that can work under pressure
- High levels of integrity
- Good communication skills with artisans
- Time management
- Influencing & Negotiating
- Quality Orientated
- Safety Awareness
- Technical skills
- Financial acumen
- Building a successful team
- Project planning
You will head up the engineering function, authorise the planning of work, plant, materials and machinery as well as coordinate the maintenance in the manufacturing and engineering environment. You will be managing / supervising chargehands and artisans in the various disciplines, such as electrical and mechanical sections
- Responsible for the effective maintenance of all machinery, vehicles and buildings by managing an effective preventative and planned maintenance programme to ensure the best utilisation and output of all these company assets.
- The planning, budgeting and executing of the annual shutdown program to ensure the effective annual scheduled maintenance of all major and critical machines such as frame saws and boilers.
- Compiling, presenting and controlling of all engineering budgets
- The research, planning and investigating, feasibility studies and budget compiling of all replacement and new capital by evaluating fixed replacement plans (5 year plan) or the feasibility of new capital to ensure that all capital is executed cost effectively and technically correct.
- Ensuring that all projects are executed according to the project plan, within the time
- constraint, Occupational Health and Safety Act, Company policies and that all contractors are managed and controlled effectively.
- Monitoring of a quality program for analyzing saw doctor efficiency
- The managing of the sawblades, cutter sharpening and maintenance function to ensure the most effective sawing, cutting, planning, profiling and constant evaluation with the saw doctor to ensure that standards are met and improved techniques are used
- Appointed as the competent person in terms of the OHSA, GMR 2(1) being responsible for the safe use of all machinery on the premises. Ensure that the company always operates within the statutory requirements as per OHSA thus minimizing accidents and ensuring the best safety and health environment for all employees of the company
- Ensure fire protection, environmental control, insurance of company assets and technical (statutory) advice to the Forestry department
- Ensure that all legal requirements are met specifically regarding the use of hazardous machinery.
Ensure the following scheduled maintenance is done and appropriate certificates issued:
- Manage and control of boilers and Certification incinerator.
- Ensure that the monthly cleaning,
- OMS Report servicing and hydraulic testing is done according to the Vessels Under Pressure Regulations and that certificates of Compliance are issued for all new boilers and steam installations with certificates of continuance for all periodic maintenance and tests
- Manage all subordinates by leading them to • Feedback from superior make decision in their own field of expertise
- Engineering reports to ensure effective employment of the OMS reports engineering team to maximise availability and Downtime Report minimise down time.
- Liaise with inspectors, Professionals on technical details and specifications to ensure that all maintenance and projects are technically sound and correct and thus keeping abreast with all the latest technical developments.
- Ensure safe and healthy working environment, good human relations and the most productive output of all the Company's resources within position framework.