Queenstown Area – Eastern Cape: Responsible for coordinating installations, maintenance and repairs of abattoir buildings and surroundings. MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
The role also includes managing a team of workers, regularly inspecting sites, maintaining equipment and assigning workers to various projects
- Any level of tertiary qualification
- National Senior Certificate – Grade 12
- 2 years of experience as a maintenance assistant
- Able to utilize heavy machinery
- Valid Code 10 or 14 driver’s licence and professional driving permit (PDP)
- Strong knowledge of building trades, cleaning procedures and maintenance
- Basic understanding of health and safety regulations and practices
- Computer literate
GENERAL COMPETENCE REQUIRED
- Exceptional time management skills
- Excellent communication (verbal, written)
- Fluent in English (essential)
- Great eye for detail
- Problem solving skills
- Extensive knowledge of health and safety regulations and practices
- Able to works well under pressure and meet tight deadlines
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Inspect buildings and sites regularly to identify problems i.e., water leakages, broken fence, the need for welding and all necessary maintenance.
- Build good working relationships with suppliers and identify great value.
- Prepare weekly maintenance schedules and allocate work as per forecasted workloads.
- Supervise and train maintenance workers.
- Coordinate daily cleaning and maintenance activities.
- Oversee all repairs and ensure that work is completed on time.
- Maintain all inventory and equipment and ensure proper storage.
- Ensure preventative maintenance work.
- Follow-up on all maintenance and repair work done.
- Do safety inspections as scheduled.
- Establish strategies to meet workload demands on time.
- Keep maintenance registers and
ONLY short-listed candidates will be contacted
To apply CLICK THIS LINK and upload your CV https://webapp.placementpartner.com/wi/vacancy/?id=farm&VacRef=FM000967&preview=f64026c3f0971239c0cd96db9a877325