A Senior Researcher - Fixed Term Contract vacancy is available at one of our clients, the Health Justice Initiative (HJI) in Cape Town - Western Cape.
Main purpose of the job:
- To design and implement strategic research and advocacy projects on health justice and health rights and be an active part of the leadership team.
- Cape Town (working remotely from home)
Key performance areas
- Contribute to the inaugural strategic plan and leadership strategy of the organisation;
- Contribute to research and advocacy plans and strategies for legal cases (where applicable);
- Identify, conceptualise and execute operational projects and initiatives such as research, publications, workshops, roundtables, conferences, legal cases, sector and partner organisation training;
- Help develop organisational research strategies;
- Oversee the implementation of research and advocacy projects;
- Assist with the writing of donor proposals/reports and other senior leadership team responsibilities in respect of fund raising;
- Publish, present and disseminate research in line with advocacy goals of the organisation; and
- Supervision of staff (one junior researcher).
Required minimum education and training
- A Master’s degree in at least one or more of the following fields: Health/ Law/ Social Sciences/ Economics/ Public Policy/ Development Studies / Politics.
Required minimum work experience
- 5 years’ experience leading health / social justice advocacy campaigns and projects, including conducting research;
- Experience working with human rights, legal and health research methodologies and organisations; and
- Demonstrated knowledge across and understand key issues in the following areas: Health Rights; Human Rights and Public Sector Governance; Legislative Processes; Community Engagement; Intellectual Property, Medicine Access and Medicine Pricing Policy Processes.
Desirable additional education, work experience and personal abilities
- Experience in medicine access and health rights advocacy in the fields of HIV/AIDS / TB or other chronic conditions;
- Experience in the non-profit sector is an advantage;
- Demonstrated competence in publishing research summaries, reports and/or articles in relevant fields;
- Team player, ability to work in a small team remotely, and self-motivated;
- Ability to travel locally and at times abroad; and
- Management experience.
- Only if you do meet the minimum job requirements and experience as mentioned above, you may submit your CV.
- Ensure of the following, when you apply:
- Heading on email must read (Ref Nr: 001 Senior Researcher HJI)
- Please attach the following documentation:
- A Cover letter (one page) as to why you think you are the right fit for the position
- Updated, detailed CV with at least 3 independent referees
- Please Apply Online
- Take note that the applicants who do not adhere to the above criteria will not be considered for the respective position.
Please note that AJ PERSONNEL is only responsible for the advertising of the advertisement on behalf of their client.
AJ Personnel does not have any salary or other information regarding the position.