The main purpose of the job:
- To provide PICT, initiate ART, manage HIV/TB clients, and ensure patient retention in care in support of the achievement of APACE program targets
- Assess patient’s readiness, educate, decant, or refer/register qualifying patients to relevant stream (PUP, Fast Lane)
- Wits RHI – Lejweleputswa (Free State) - Chief Albert Luthuli Clinic (Wesselsbron)
Key performance areas:
Clinical care and treatment
- Provide HTS at all service points at the clinic
- Promote HIV Self Screening and Index Testing
- Treat opportunistic infections diagnosed
- Prescribe appropriate treatments
- Provide ART and TPT prophylaxis and PrEP where necessary according to DoH guidelines
- Identify patients due for Viral Loads and take blood at appropriate intervals according to cohorts
- Decant stable patients according to the National Adherence Strategy
- Identify and refer patients with ART failure or complications
- Support counsellors to manage adherence issues in patients on ART including step up adherence counselling for defaulting patients
- Facilitate services such as down- and up-referrals
- Assist with the development and implementation SOP’s that will improve the running of the clinic e.g. up - referral SOP
- Examine and Treat patients with HIV and other concomitant diseases or refer where appropriate
- Coordinate and oversee comprehensive follow-up services for patients on treatment as required
- Implement programme activities in HTS and non-clinical prevention such as testing for HIV in TB patients, FP and STI, condom distribution, promoting voluntary male medical circumcision, PrEP and pre and post-treatment adherence
- Implement programme activities in PMTCT such as paediatric diagnosis, care and treatment,
- reproductive health including family planning, general adult HIV treatment and chronic care, HIV wellness programmes, Tuberculosis screening and care, Nurse-initiated and managed ART
Programme implementation and Quality improvement (QI)
- Regularly conduct clinical and SIMS audits to identify facility-level gaps in programme implementation and clinical care
- Collaborate with relevant stakeholders to support facility and program assessments according to NDOH policy and guidelines
- Monitor and review the implementation and progress of facility-level implementation plans in conjunction with relevant stakeholders and the RHI APACE team
- Regularly monitor and track facility performance in relation to programme targets
- Implement remedial plans to address identified gaps, together with the facility team
- Support the identification, implementation and monitoring of QI projects, taking into consideration the needs and priorities of the clinic
- Track changes made that lead to improved outcome measures at the facility level
- Review challenges and achievements and escalate challenges timeously
- Report accurate data on activities conducted, according to data reporting requirements
- Compile and disseminate reports on facility implementation, according to agreed reporting requirements
- Act as the first point of contact for APACE activities at the facility level
Reporting and Administration
- Report on key achievements, challenges, and successes according to programme reporting timelines
- Ensure high-quality data is reported for the programme area according to reporting timelines
- Ensure Care and Treatment programme data is regularly reviewed and analysed, gaps identified, and action plans or mitigation plans implemented in collaboration with other team members
- Track facility-level progress towards achieving targets
- Disseminate accurate reports to internal and external stakeholders on an ongoing basis
Effective self-management and performance ownership
- Take ownership and accountability for tasks and demonstrates effective self-management
- Follow through to ensure that quality and productivity standards of own work are consistently and accurately maintained
- Maintain a positive attitude and respond openly to feedback
- Take ownership of driving your own career development by participating in ongoing training and development activities such as conferences, workshops, etc.
Required minimum education and training:
- Grade 12
- Relevant Nursing diploma
- NIMART certificate
- Valid Driver`s license
Required minimum work experience:
- Minimum 3 years experience in public health
Professional body registration:
- South African Nursing Council
Desirable additional education, work experience and personal abilities:
- Certification/experience in HIV Management
- Sound technical knowledge of PMTCT, Adult HIV, TB-HIV integration, Paediatric treatment and care as well as Infection Prevention and Control
- Knowledge of national, provincial and district health structures
- Experience working in a donor-funded organization/NGO or project-based environment
- Knowledge of clinical systems and data management
- Exceptional organizational and administrative skills together with working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ordered and systematic in approach to tasks
- Attention to detail
- Pro-active, able to exercise discretion and independent decision-making
- Able to prioritize own workload and work towards deadlines
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and work as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Able to speak other African languages
Demands of the job:
- May be required to travel from time to time
- Must be contactable after working hours
- May be required to work at sites that are under-resourced and operate in a highly pressurized environment
Communications and relationships:
- Maintain effective working relationships with Senior Management and WRHI staff at all levels
- Communicate effectively with all external stakeholders such as donors, Department of Health (DoH), media, medical and academic institutions, community, and other partner organisations
- Only if you do meet the minimum job requirements and experience as mentioned above, you may submit a detailed updated CV.
- Please Apply Online and complete your registration on Ditto Hire (our application tracking system) to enable and protect you as a candidate to accept the new POPIA terms and conditions. This will then create your permanent profile with which you can apply for all jobs as advertised by AJ PERSONNEL. However, you may remove your profile from AJ PERSONNEL when you are no longer in the job market.
- AJ Personnel is fully POPIA Compliant.
- Please take note that the applicants who do not adhere to the above criteria will not be considered for the respective position.
- The closing date for all applications: 15 June 2022.
- Wits Health Consortium will only respond to shortlisted candidates.
- Candidates who have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date can consider their applications to be unsuccessful.
- Our Client, WHC - RHI, maintains mandatory Covid-19 requirements, and as such only Covid-19 vaccinated incumbents will be considered for positions.
- WHC, in accordance with its Employment Equity goals and plan, will give preference to suitable applicants from designated groups as defined in the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998 and subsequent amendments thereto.
- AJ Personnel is only responsible for advertising the advertisement on behalf of their client Wits Health Consortium.
- AJ Personnel does not have any salary or other information regarding the position.