Main purpose of the job:
- To lead the implementation of the Gophelega programme within the specified local health areas in support of the achievement of programme targets, and in quality improvement activities to ensure the quality of care for HIV/TB clients (both children and adults)
- Soshanguve Block X – Pretoria - Gauteng
Key performance areas:
- Regularly monitor and track facility performance in relation to programme targets
- Monitor and review the implementation and progress of facility-level implementation plans in conjunction with relevant stakeholders and the RHI team
- Regularly conduct facility and clinical audits to identify facility-level gaps in programme implementation and clinical care
- Implement remedial plans to address identified gaps, together with the facility team
- Support the identification, implementation and monitoring of QI projects, taking into consideration the needs and priorities of the clinic
- Track changes made that lead to improved outcome measures at the facility level
- Understand and align DOH mandates to project expectations
- Review challenges and achievements and escalate challenges timeously
- Report accurate data on activities conducted, according to data reporting requirements
- Compile and disseminate reports on facility implementation, according to agreed reporting requirements
- Act as the first point of contact for Gophelega activities at the facility level
- Examine and treat HIV-infected patients in accordance with guidelines
- Treat opportunistic infections diagnosed
- Prescribe appropriate treatments
- Provide ART and prophylaxis according to DoH guidelines
- Identify and manage patients with ART failure and opportunistic infections
- Support counsellors to manage adherence issues in patients on ART
- Facilitate services such as down- and up-referrals
- Assist with the development and implementation of SOPs that will improve operational efficiencies and patient management in the facility
- Provide comprehensive follow-up services for patients on treatment
- Register and follow up decanted patients in accordance with guidelines and SOPs
- Implement programme activities in HTS and non-clinical prevention such as testing for HIV in TB patients, FP and STI, condom distribution, male circumcision and pre- and post-treatment adherence
- Implement programme activities in PMTCT such as paediatric diagnosis, care and treatment, reproductive health including family planning, general adult HIV treatment and chronic care, HIV wellness programmes, Tuberculosis screening and care, Nurse-initiated and managed ART
- Identify gaps in clinical guideline implementation at the facility level and develop plans to address these
- Identify training needs of DoH/facility staff
- Address training needs in collaboration with DOH and Wits RHI counterparts
- Support the implementation of clinical guidelines at the facility level through on-site mentoring support and contribute to the achievement of priority programmes targets
- Support the provision of classroom/off-site training and on-the-job training to ensure skills transfer and competency
- Support the implementation of 95-95-95 strategies to ensure clinicians are competent to initiate ART, manage and monitor viral suppression and retention in care for patients on ART/TB, including adherence support strategies and identification and management or referral of patients for advanced clinical care and failing treatment
- Supervise and manage line reports in keeping with Wits RHI policies and procedures
- Attend to all staffing requirements and administration
- Supervise and manage the duties of subordinates to ensure optimal staff utilisation and maintenance of sound labour relations
- Perform and facilitate performance development and assessments
- Identify substandard performance by team members and take necessary corrective action
- Coach and train subordinates and team members to ensure the acquisition of knowledge and skills required by the organization
- Identify training gaps at facilities and arrange with the training department the necessary training
- Facilitate skills transfer from programme staff to DOH counterparts
- Promote harmony, teamwork and sharing of information
- Take ownership and accountability for tasks and demonstrates effective self-management
- Follow through to ensure that quality and productivity standards of own work are consistently and accurately maintained
- Maintain a positive attitude and respond openly to feedback
- Take ownership of driving your own career development by participating in ongoing training and development activities such as conferences, workshops, etc.
Required minimum education and training:
- Relevant Nursing diploma or equivalent
Required minimum work experience:
- Minimum 5 years experience in public health
- NiMART certificate
Desirable additional education, work experience and personal abilities:
- Certification/experience in HIV management, training, and mentoring
- Sound technical knowledge of PMTCT, Adult HIV, TB-HIV integration and adherence, paediatric treatment and care, decanting strategies including referral networks
- Knowledge of National, Provincial and District health structures
- Experience working in a donor-funded organization/NGO or project-based environment
- Knowledge of clinical systems and data management
- Exceptional organizational and administrative skills together with knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ordered and systematic in approach to tasks
- Attention to detail
- Pro-active, able to exercise discretion and independent decision-making
- Able to prioritize own workload and work towards deadlines
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and work as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Able to speak other local African languages
Demands of the job:
- May be required to travel
- Must be contactable after working hours
- May be required to work at sites that are under-resourced and operate in a highly pressurized environment
Communications and relationships:
- Maintain effective working relationships with Senior Management and Wits RHI staff at all levels
- Communicate effectively with all external stakeholders such as donors, the Department of Health (DoH), medical and academic institutions, community and other partner organizations
- Only if you do meet the minimum job requirements and experience as mentioned above, you may submit a detailed updated CV.
- Please Apply Online and complete your registration on Ditto Hire (our application tracking system) to enable and protect you as a candidate to accept the new POPIA terms and conditions. This will then create your permanent profile with which you can apply for all jobs as advertised by AJ PERSONNEL. However, you may remove your profile from AJ PERSONNEL when you are no longer in the job market.
- AJ Personnel is fully POPIA Compliant.
- Please take note that the applicants who do not adhere to the above criteria will not be considered for the respective position.
- The closing date for all applications: 15 August 2022.
- Wits Health Consortium will only respond to shortlisted candidates.
- Candidates who have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date can consider their applications to be unsuccessful.
- Our Client, WHC - RHI, maintains mandatory Covid-19 requirements, and as such only Covid-19 vaccinated incumbents will be considered for positions.
- WHC, in accordance with its Employment Equity goals and plan, will give preference to suitable applicants from designated groups as defined in the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998 and subsequent amendments thereto.
- AJ Personnel is only responsible for advertising the advertisement on behalf of their client Wits Health Consortium.
- AJ Personnel does not have any salary or other information regarding the position.